Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help writing SQL query
Top Forums Programming Help writing SQL query Post 302924264 by bbbngowc on Friday 7th of November 2014 11:29:42 AM
Old 11-07-2014
Just got more information on the database layout. Each table has links to another table to get the information. For example:

There's a table called Employee.Id that lists all the tickets associated with that employee, but from there it links to another table called Contact.Id which contains the Email and Phone numbers of each employee and there's a third link to another table that has the Location of the employee....Arg....Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional writing of sql code

Hello again... I have a request from another department to list for them all the columns and tables we use in this certain database. I have spooled the oracle stored procedured into 1 file. I need a way to write out parts of that file. The criteria is to to start the block to be written when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

3. Programming

Writing to a File using pl/sql

Hi I am new to using pl/sql on a unix platform and am having trouble writing to a file from within a block. Below is an example of the code that I have. I know that I need to use UTL_FILE to accomplish this; however, I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? I am trying to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stky13
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create sql query

Hi Everyone, Can anyone pls help me out......with my requirement, i am struggling since 3 days. Please find the requirement below my file contains below data R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20| R1|Array/Network Resistor... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

9. Programming

Getting error in sql query

Hi All , I have tried many times am getting syntax error on 'UNION' can anybody tell me ... INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2 where num_items = 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column not allowed, when I am writing sql in UNIX

Please advice to rectify below error #!/bin/ksh X=$(sqlplus -s user/pass << EOSQL set serveroutput on; set heading off feedback off serveroutput on trimout on pagesize 0 INSERT INTO TEST(df) VALUES('a'); COMMIT; EXIT; EOSQL) echo $X echo $? ERROR at line 2: ORA-00984: column not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
1 Replies
COMMENT(7)							   SQL Commands 							COMMENT(7)

NAME
COMMENT - define or change the comment of an object SYNOPSIS
COMMENT ON [ TABLE object_name | COLUMN table_name.column_name | AGGREGATE agg_name (agg_type) | CONSTRAINT constraint_name ON table_name | DATABASE object_name | DOMAIN object_name | FUNCTION func_name (arg1_type, arg2_type, ...) | INDEX object_name | OPERATOR op (leftoperand_type, rightoperand_type) | RULE rule_name ON table_name | SCHEMA object_name | SEQUENCE object_name | TRIGGER trigger_name ON table_name | TYPE object_name | VIEW object_name ] IS 'text' INPUTS object_name, The name of the object to be be commented. Names of tables, aggregates, domains, functions, indexes, operators, sequences, types, and views may be schema-qualified. text The comment to add. OUTPUTS COMMENT Message returned if the table is successfully commented. DESCRIPTION
COMMENT stores a comment about a database object. Comments can be easily retrieved with psql's dd, d+, or l+ commands. Other user interfaces to retrieve comments can be built atop the same built-in functions that psql uses, namely obj_description() and col_descrip- tion(). To modify a comment, issue a new COMMENT command for the same object. Only one comment string is stored for each object. To remove a com- ment, write NULL in place of the text string. Comments are automatically dropped when the object is dropped. Note: There is presently no security mechanism for comments: any user connected to a database can see all the comments for objects in that database (although only superusers can change comments for objects that they don't own). Therefore, don't put security-crit- ical information in comments. USAGE
Attach a comment to the table mytable: COMMENT ON TABLE mytable IS 'This is my table.'; Remove it again: COMMENT ON TABLE mytable IS NULL; Some more examples: COMMENT ON AGGREGATE my_aggregate (double precision) IS 'Computes sample variance'; COMMENT ON COLUMN my_table.my_field IS 'Employee ID number'; COMMENT ON DATABASE my_database IS 'Development Database'; COMMENT ON DOMAIN my_domain IS 'Email Address Domain'; COMMENT ON FUNCTION my_function (timestamp) IS 'Returns Roman Numeral'; COMMENT ON INDEX my_index IS 'Enforces uniqueness on employee id'; COMMENT ON OPERATOR ^ (text, text) IS 'Performs intersection of two texts'; COMMENT ON OPERATOR ^ (NONE, text) IS 'This is a prefix operator on text'; COMMENT ON RULE my_rule ON my_table IS 'Logs UPDATES of employee records'; COMMENT ON SCHEMA my_schema IS 'Departmental data'; COMMENT ON SEQUENCE my_sequence IS 'Used to generate primary keys'; COMMENT ON TABLE my_schema.my_table IS 'Employee Information'; COMMENT ON TRIGGER my_trigger ON my_table IS 'Used for R.I.'; COMMENT ON TYPE complex IS 'Complex Number datatype'; COMMENT ON VIEW my_view IS 'View of departmental costs'; COMPATIBILITY
SQL92 There is no COMMENT in SQL92. SQL - Language Statements 2002-11-22 COMMENT(7)