Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help writing SQL query
Top Forums Programming Help writing SQL query Post 302924245 by bbbngowc on Friday 7th of November 2014 07:19:53 AM
Old 11-07-2014
Help writing SQL query

Hello All,

I hope I'm posting this in the right section.

I have zero sql query writing skill, in fact, I've never done it before, but for some reason, a request came across my desk to get information from one of our databases. I have about 200 ticket numbers that have no information attached, so instead of going through the GUI to input each number, I'm hoping to create a query to run against the (Oracle) DB and extract the information.

For instance, I have a ticket number 123456, I need to lookup the ticket number and pull user information (dept, email, phone, ect).

Help me get started with this please.

---------- Post updated at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:14 AM ----------

Perhaps something like this would work.

Code:
SELECT EmployeeID, FirstName, LastName, Email FROM Employees
WHERE Ticket = 'ticketnumber'

The only question I have from this is, how to get the query to cycle through a list of ticket numbers?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional writing of sql code

Hello again... I have a request from another department to list for them all the columns and tables we use in this certain database. I have spooled the oracle stored procedured into 1 file. I need a way to write out parts of that file. The criteria is to to start the block to be written when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kburrows
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

& in SQL query

I have a script that looks for all jobs that contain a particular calendar. Some of the calendars have '&' in them and sql freaks out when it encounters that.. is there a way around this? I have tried: select job_name from job where run_calendar='1&15dom' select job_name from job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
3 Replies

3. Programming

Writing to a File using pl/sql

Hi I am new to using pl/sql on a unix platform and am having trouble writing to a file from within a block. Below is an example of the code that I have. I know that I need to use UTL_FILE to accomplish this; however, I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? I am trying to create a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stky13
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

writing the output of SQL into one file

Hi All, Please help me writing the below script. I have two sql queries. 1. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_A group by Client_id; 2. Select count(1),Client_id from TABLE_B group by Client_id; I need the output of above two sql queries in a single file. The output 2nd query should be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 46019
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

create sql query

Hi Everyone, Can anyone pls help me out......with my requirement, i am struggling since 3 days. Please find the requirement below my file contains below data R1|Array/Network Resistor - VIP|V_RES_CLASS|V_MOUNT_FEATURE|SURFACE MOUNT|AND|8533.10.00.20|8533.10.00.20| R1|Array/Network Resistor... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jam_prasanna
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

9. Programming

Getting error in sql query

Hi All , I have tried many times am getting syntax error on 'UNION' can anybody tell me ... INSERT INTO table1 ( Type , num_items , num_letters , total_value ) (select type='1', num_items, num_letters=count(*), total_value=sum(letter_value) from table2 where num_items = 1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Column not allowed, when I am writing sql in UNIX

Please advice to rectify below error #!/bin/ksh X=$(sqlplus -s user/pass << EOSQL set serveroutput on; set heading off feedback off serveroutput on trimout on pagesize 0 INSERT INTO TEST(df) VALUES('a'); COMMIT; EXIT; EOSQL) echo $X echo $? ERROR at line 2: ORA-00984: column not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
1 Replies
PACEMAKER(8)						  System Administration Utilities					      PACEMAKER(8)

NAME
Pacemaker - Part of the Pacemaker cluster resource manager SYNOPSIS
crm_ticket (query|command) [options] DESCRIPTION
crm_ticket - Perform tasks related to cluster tickets. Allows ticket attributes to be queried, modified and deleted. OPTIONS
-?, --help This text -$, --version Version information -V, --verbose Increase debug output -Q, --quiet Print only the value on stdout -t, --ticket=value Ticket ID Queries: -l, --info Display the information of ticket(s) -L, --details Display the details of ticket(s) -w, --raw Display the IDs of ticket(s) -q, --query-xml Query the XML of ticket(s) -c, --constraints Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to ticket(s) Commands: -g, --grant Grant a ticket to this cluster site -r, --revoke Revoke a ticket from this cluster site -s, --standby Tell this cluster site this ticket is standby -a, --activate Tell this cluster site this ticket is active Advanced Commands: -G, --get-attr=value Display the named attribute for a ticket -S, --set-attr=value Set the named attribtue for a ticket -D, --delete-attr=value Delete the named attribute for a ticket -C, --cleanup Delete all state of a ticket at this cluster site Additional Options: -v, --attr-value=value Attribute value to use with -S -d, --default=value (Advanced) The default attribute value to display if none is found. For use with -G -f, --force (Advanced) Force the action to be performed -n, --set-name=value (Advanced) ID of the instance_attributes object to change -i, --nvpair=value (Advanced) ID of the nvpair object to change/delete EXAMPLES
Display the info of tickets: # crm_ticket --info Display the detailed info of tickets: # crm_ticket --details Display the XML of 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --query-xml Display the rsc_ticket constraints that apply to 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --constraints Grant 'ticketA' to this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --grant Revoke 'ticketA' from this cluster site: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --revoke Make 'ticketA' standby: The cluster site will treat a granted 'ticketA' as 'standby'. The dependent resources will be stopped or demoted gracefully without trig- gering loss-policies # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --standby Activate 'ticketA' from being standby: # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --activate Get the value of the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --get-attr granted Set the value of the 'standby' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --set-attr standby --attr-value true Delete the 'granted' attribute for 'ticketA': # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --delete-attr granted Erase the operation history of 'ticketA' at this cluster site: The cluster site will 'forget' the existing ticket state. # crm_ticket --ticket ticketA --cleanup AUTHOR
Written by Andrew Beekhof REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to pacemaker@oss.clusterlabs.org Pacemaker 1.1.10-29.el7 June 2014 PACEMAKER(8)