Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uniq or sort -u or similar only between { } Post 302924232 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 7th of November 2014 05:23:51 AM
Old 11-07-2014
Hello,

Glad that given code is helpful for you, following are some links which can be helpful to you for awk learning.

http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~oost...awk/nawkA4.pdf
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~mohri/unix08/lect5.pdf

You can refer to O'Reilly books for same too. Hope this helps. Also this forum is one of the best forums/platforms to learn unix, you can always search your queries here in search option and if you have made some code and you have queries, you are always welcome to come and ask your queries. Also you can help people in their queries, by this we can help each other in learning which is the primary motive of this forum. Enjoy learning Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort/uniq

I have a file: Fred Fred Fred Jim Fred Jim Jim If sort is executed on the listed file, shouldn't the output be?: Fred Fred Fred Fred Jim Jim Jim (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyflip
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Last,uniq, sort and cut

Using the last, uniq, sort and cut commands, determine how many times the different users have logged in. I know how to use the last command and cut command... i came up with last | cut -f1 -d" " | uniq i dont know if this is right, can someone please help me... thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jay1228
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort and uniq in perl

Does anyone have a quick and dirty way of performing a sort and uniq in perl? How an array with data like: this is bkupArr BOLADVICE_VN this is bkupArr MLT6800PROD2A this is bkupArr MLT6800PROD2A this is bkupArr BOLADVICE_VN_7YR this is bkupArr MLT6800PROD2A I want to sort it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reggiej
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

match similar rows. uniq?

hi i have data which is in two columns (such as below). i need to compare two rows against each other and if one row matches the other row (except for different case), and their values in the second column are different, then it prints out one of the rows (either is fine). here is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Streetrcr
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Uniq and sort

The key is first field i want only uniq record for the first field in file. I want the output as or output as Appreciate help on this (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort | uniq question

Hello, I have a large data file: 1234 8888 bbb 2745 8888 bbb 9489 8888 bbb 1234 8888 aaa 4838 8888 aaa 3977 8888 aaa I need to remove duplicate lines (where the first column is the duplicate). I have been using: sort file.txt | uniq -w4 > newfile.txt However, it seems to keep the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort and uniq after comparision

Hi All, I have a text file with the format shown below. Some of the records are duplicated with the only exception being date (Field 15). I want to compare all duplicate records using subscriber number (field 7) and keep only those records with greater date. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort uniq or awk

Hi again, I have files with the following contents datetime,ip1,port1,ip2,port2,number How would I find out how many times ip1 field shows up a particular file? Then how would I find out how many time ip1 and port 2 shows up? Please mind the file may contain 100k lines. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LDHB2012
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uniq and sort -u

Hello all, Need to pick your brains, I have a 10Gb file where each row is a name, I am expecting about 50 names in total. So there are a lot of repetitions in clusters. So I want to do a sort -u file Will it be considerably faster or slower to use a uniq before piping it to sort... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort & Uniq -u

Hi All, Below the actual file which i like to sort and Uniq -u /opt/oracle/work/Antony/Shell_Script> cat emp.1st 2233|a.k. shukula |g.m. |sales |12/12/52 |6000 1006|chanchal singhvi |director |sales |03/09/38 |6700... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Antony Ankrose
8 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)