Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Improve sftp script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Improve sftp script Post 302924221 by RudiC on Friday 7th of November 2014 04:02:50 AM
Old 11-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrals_vl
Thank you for replying!
Please, would you help me on editing this script?
That's not too easy remotely. Create a test batch file, use
Code:
sftp -vb batchfile >logfile 2>&1
echo $?

, do the same with some errors in the batch file (e.g. non-existing files) and then compare/post the logfiles.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I improve this script ???

Hi all, Still a newbie and learning as I go ... as you do :) Have created this script to report on disc usage and I've just included the ChkSpace function this morning. It's the first time I've read a file (line-by-bloody-line) and would like to know if I can improve this script ? FYI - I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to improve performance of this script

I have a data file of 2 gig I need to do all these, but its taking hours, any where i can improve performance, thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/ksh echo TIMESTAMP="$(date +'_%y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S')" function showHelp { cat << EOF >&2 syntax extreme.sh FILENAME Specify filename to parse EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve the performance of a shell script

Hi Friends, I wrote the below shell script to generate a report on alert messages recieved on a day. But i for processing around 4500 lines (alerts) the script is taking aorund 30 minutes to process. Please help me to make it faster and improve the performace of the script. i would be very... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to improve the performance of script

Hi All, I have written a script as follows which is taking lot of time in executing/searching only 3500 records taken as input from one file in log file of 12 GB Approximately. Working of script is read the csv file as an input having 2 arguments which are transaction_id,mobile_number and search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[please] improve my shell/SQL*Plus script

Hi We generate with PL/SQL *.csv files, archive them and mail to the customer. Here is my script (Solaris 10, ksh): #!/bin/ksh # Unix Shell Script Structure for PL/SQL queries with SQL*Plus . ~/.profile scriptdir=/opt/ora/scripts queryname1=example... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Var Check Script (Help improve if possible)

I am working on a script to check the var on all of my systems. Can someone help me fix it to work better or give me suggestions. #!/bin/ksh IN=/path/to/list_of_workstations.txt while read hostnames do if ping $hostnames 1 | grep alive > /dev/null then percent=`ssh -q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whotippedmycow
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to improve the performance of this script?

Hi , i wrote a script to convert dates to the formate i want .it works fine but the conversion is tkaing lot of time . Can some one help me tweek this script #!/bin/bash file=$1 ofile=$2 cp $file $ofile mydates=$(grep -Po '+/+/+' $ofile) # gets 8/1/13 mydates=$(echo "$mydates" | sort |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve an script?

Gents. I have 2 different scripts for the same purpose: raw2csv_1 Script raw2csv_1 finish the process in less that 1 minute raw2csv_2 Script raw2csv_2 finish the process in more that 6 minutes. Can you please check if there is any option to improve the raw2csv_2. To finish the job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script and get new output file

Gents, Using the following script, I got the changes as desired in the output file called (spread_2611.x01.new). Complete file as input (spread_2611.x01). Can you please have a look to my script and improve it please. :b: Also I would like to I get a additional selecting only the records... (21 Replies)
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script

Gents, Is there the possibility to improve this script to be able to have same output information. I did this script, but I believe there is a very short code to get same output here my script awk -F, '{if($10>0 && $10<=15) print $6}' tmp1 | sort -k1n | awk '{a++} END { for (n in a )... (23 Replies)
23 Replies
BATCHER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							BATCHER(8)

NAME
batcher - article batching backend for InterNetNews SYNOPSIS
batcher [ -a arts ] [ -A total_arts ] [ -b size ] [ -B total_size ] [ -i string ] [ -N num_batches ] [ -p process ] [ -r ] [ -s separator ] [ -S alt_spool ] [ -v ] host [ input ] DESCRIPTION
Batcher reads uses a list of files to prepare news batches for the specified host. It is normally invoked by a script run out of cron(8) that uses shlock(1) to lock the host name, followed by a ctlinnd(8) command to flush the batchfile. Batcher reads the named input file, or standard input if no file is given. Relative pathnames are interpreted from the /var/spool/news/out.going directory. The input is taken as a set of lines. Blank lines and lines starting with a number sign (``#'') are ignored. All other lines should consist of one or two fields separated by a single space. The first field is the name of a file holding an article; if it is not an an absolute pathname it is taken relative to the news spool directory, /var/spool/news. The second field, if present, specifies the size of the article in bytes. OPTIONS
-S The ``-S'' flag may be used to specify an alternate spool directory to use if the article is not found; this would normally be an NFS-mounted spool directory of a master server with longer expiration times. -r By default, the program sets its standard error to /var/log/news/errlog. To suppress this redirection, use the ``-r'' flag. -v Upon exit, batcher reports statistics via syslog(3). If the ``-v'' flag is used, they will also be printed on the standard output. -b Batcher collects the text of the named articles into batches. To limit the size of each batch, use the ``-b'' flag. The default size is 60 kilobytes. Using ``-b0'' allows unlimited batch sizes. -a To limit the number of articles in each batch, use the ``-a'' flag. The default is no limit. A new batch will be started when either the byte count or number of articles written exceeds the specified limits. -B To limit the total number of bytes written for all batches, use the ``-B'' flag. -A To limit the total number of articles that can be batched use the ``-A'' flag. -N To limit the total number of batches that should be created use the ``-N'' flag. In all three cases, the default is zero, which is taken to mean no limit. -i string A batch starts with an identifying line to specify the unpacking method to be used on the receiving end. When the ``-i'' flag is used, the initial string, string, followed by a newline, will be output at the start of every batch. The default is to have no ini- tial string. -s Each article starts with a separator line to indicate the size of the article. To specify the separator use the ``-s'' flag. This is a sprintf(3) format string which can have a single ``%ld'' parameter which will be given the size of the article. If the separa- tor is not empty, then the string and a newline will be output before every article. The default separator is ``#! rnews %ld''. -p By default, batches are written to standard output, which is not useful when more than one output batch is created. Use the ``-p'' flag to specify the shell command that should be created (via popen(3)) whenever a new batch is started. The process is a sprintf format string which can have a single ``%s'' parameter which will be given the host name. A common value is: ( echo '#! cunbatch' ; exec compress ) | uux - -r -z %s!rnews EXIT STATUS
If the input is exhausted, batcher will exit with a zero status. If any of the limits specified with the ``-B,'' ``-A,'' or ``-N'' flags is reached, or if there is an error writing the batch, then batcher will try to spool the input, copying it to a file. If there was no input filename, the standard input will be copied to /var/spool/news/out.going/host and the program will exit. If an input filename was given, a temporary file named input.bch (if input is an absolute pathname) or /var/spool/news/out.going/input.bch (if the filename does not begin with a slash) is created. Once the input is copied, batcher will try to rename this temporary file to be the name of the input file, and then exit. Upon receipt of an interrupt or termination signal, batcher will finish sending the current article, close the batch, and then rewrite the batchfile according as described in the previous paragraph. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.18, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
ctlinnd(8), newsfeeds(5), shlock(1). BATCHER(8)