Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hadoop file system
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hadoop file system Post 302924200 by stew on Thursday 6th of November 2014 11:33:47 PM
Old 11-07-2014
Hadoop file system

Hi,

I am newbie to unix admin. I am doing migration from unix to puppet. Need few clarification in hadoop fille creation.

I knew what hadoop file does. But my doubt is, do we need to restart service for hadoop file creation.

Code:
"DL380p"

ha_file_cre='/root/hadoopfile
logit echo "Creating Hadoop Data disks script, which will run after final server reboot." 

echo "for part in  l m n o p q" >> $ ha_file_cre 
echo "do" >> $ ha_file_cre
echo "  echo "Partioning disk: /dev/sd\${part}" " >> $ ha_file_cre
echo "  echo ",,83" | /sbin/sfdisk /dev/sd\${part}" >> $ ha_file_cre
echo "  mkfs.ext4 /dev/sd\${part}1" >> $ ha_file_cre

I have attached the sample code.

So should I create package and service for hadoop file creation.

because in the comment they mentioned "logit echo "Creating Hadoop Data disks script, which will run after final server reboot."

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a file system of a remote machine to local file system

Hi friends, In my case, there are serveral PCs running Linux in a LAN. I would like to to mount the directory /A_river of machine-A to the file system of another machine machine-B so that I can access files in that directory. I do not know how to do this. The situation is complicated by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cy163
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hadoop HUE - Error

Hi , I have installed Cloudera Hadoop successfully however when i am launching the web page for HUE , I am receiving below error message. Configuration files located in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/65-hue-HUE_SERVER Potential misconfiguration detected. Fix and restart... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
4 Replies

3. Linux

Hadoop - Adding Datanode

Hi Team , I have a new server which needs to be made as datanode for my existing single node cloudera setup . I did gone through some of the online documentation and most of them said to install to through cloudera manager , However my server cannot open for internet , Hence using Cloudera... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_411
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Hadoop - Upgrade Issue

Hi All, I was recently trying to upgrade Hadoop from CDH4 to CDH5 ,however after upgrade found below issue , Looks like this is a known issue but unable to find a proper solution for it . log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.EventCounter log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tomlight
3 Replies

5. Programming

To check file size in hadoop

Hi Guys, i am writng a script to check if the file size is lessthan limit say 10KB then exit i need to check in hadoop file system , can someone advise Minsize=10 for file in `hadoop fs -ls path/*` do Actualsize=$(du -k "$file" | cut -f 1) if ; then echo "File generated... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)													      MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)

mssql_fetch_field - Get field information

SYNOPSIS
object mssql_fetch_field (resource $result, [int $field_offset = -1]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_fetch_field(3) can be used in order to obtain information about fields in a certain query result. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). o $field_offset - The numerical field offset. If the field offset is not specified, the next field that was not yet retrieved by this function is retrieved. The $field_offset starts at 0. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object containing field information. The properties of the object are: o name - column name. if the column is a result of a function, this property is set to computed#N, where #N is a serial number. o column_source - the table from which the column was taken o max_length - maximum length of the column o numeric - 1 if the column is numeric o type - the column type. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_fetch_field(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database mssql_connect('MANGOSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php'); // Send a select query to MSSQL $query = mssql_query('SELECT * FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct table echo '<h3>Table structure for 'persons'</h3>'; echo '<table border="1">'; // Table header echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>Field name</td>'; echo '<td>Data type</td>'; echo '<td>Max length</td>'; echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; // Dump all fields echo '<tbody>'; for ($i = 0; $i < mssql_num_fields($query); ++$i) { // Fetch the field information $field = mssql_fetch_field($query, $i); // Print the row echo '<tr>'; echo '<td>' . $field->name . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . strtoupper($field->type) . '</td>'; echo '<td>' . $field->max_length . '</td>'; echo '</tr>'; } echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Free the query result mssql_free_result($query); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_field_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_FETCH_FIELD(3)