Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Openswan with Cisco ASA
Special Forums IP Networking Openswan with Cisco ASA Post 302924142 by ivancd on Thursday 6th of November 2014 01:12:35 PM
Old 11-06-2014
Openswan with Cisco ASA

Hi all,
I need this as soon as possible to solve it or at least to find out what is the problem.

I have configured IPSec tunnels with Openswan and Cisco ASA, i have established a connection and the ping was fine, but after some time there is request time out from both sites. I don't have ASA access but its default IPSec configuration,this is the openswan conf parameters.

Code:
#Define your IKE policy
            authby=secret
            keyingtries=0
            pfs=no
            ike=3des-sha1;modp1024
            ikelifetime="28800"

dpddelay=0
            dpdtimeout=0
            dpdaction=clear

#Define IPSec Policy

phase2=esp
            phase2alg=3des-sha1
            ikev2=no
            keyexchange=ike
            rekey=no
            forceencaps=no
            keylife="28800"

I have found this in the "/var/log/seccure" logs
Code:
    received Delete SA(0x937bbc29) payload: deleting IPSEC State #5
    received and ignored informational message
    received Delete SA(0x55f62168) payload: deleting IPSEC State #8
    received and ignored informational message

Also i like to put some more logging/debuging so i can have more info but can't find any good example or doc. on how to.

And i have the following doc. on Phase 1 and 2

Code:
Encryption Algorithm     3DES
    Hash Algorithm           SHA1
    Authentication method    Preshare
    Diffie Hellman Group     Group 2
    Lifetime (Key)           28800
    Use NAT traversal        No
    Use PFS                  No
    Encapsulation            ESP
    Encryption Algorithm     3DES
    Hash Algorithm           SHA1
    Lifetime (Key)           28800

Any solution or hints or some parameters that I'm missing ?
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data, not QUOTE Thanks

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

How to establish site to site vpn - Linux machine and cisco asa?

Hi, I am trying to establish vpn between my linux server and cisco asa at client side. I installed openswan on my cent os. Linux Server eth0 - 182.2.29.10 Gateway - 182.2.29.1 eth1 - 192.9.200.75 I have simple IPtables Like WAN="eth0" LAN="eth1" (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

VPN IPSec Openswan

Hi all, I have installed Openswan and configured IPSec and works perfect, but for some unknown reasons it stop working. I see that the tunnels are up and established. The route to the destination are added. Everything by the book seems to be ok. But somehow when i start to ping the other side (... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ivancd
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Cisco 3750 Switch ASA VPN Routing

Hi,I want connect my ASA 5510 firewall to a 3750 switch with RIP routing. Unfortunately,I am having issues passing the VPN subnet through rip to the 3750.I don't understand how the routing table is populated on the ASA. Any suggestions? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
Info::CiscoStats(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Info::CiscoStats(3pm)

NAME
SNMP::Info::CiscoStats - Perl5 Interface to CPU and Memory stats for Cisco Devices AUTHOR
Eric Miller, Max Baker, Sam Stickland SYNOPSIS
# Let SNMP::Info determine the correct subclass for you. my $ciscostats = new SNMP::Info( AutoSpecify => 1, Debug => 1, # These arguments are passed directly on to SNMP::Session DestHost => 'myswitch', Community => 'public', Version => 2 ) or die "Can't connect to DestHost. "; my $class = $ciscostats->class(); print "SNMP::Info determined this device to fall under subclass : $class "; DESCRIPTION
SNMP::Info::CiscoStats is a subclass of SNMP::Info that provides cpu, memory, os and version information about Cisco Devices. Use or create in a subclass of SNMP::Info. Do not use directly. Inherited Classes None. Required MIBs CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIB CISCO-PROCESS-MIB CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB SNMPv2-MIB OLD-CISCO-SYSTEM-MIB CISCO-STACK-MIB CISCO-ENTITY-VENDORTYPE-OID-MIB CISCO-FLASH-MIB ENTITY-MIB MIBs can be found at ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/v2.tar.gz GLOBALS
$ciscostats->cpu() Returns ios_cpu() or cat_cpu(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->cpu_1min() Returns ios_cpu_1min() or cat_cpu1min(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->cpu_5min() Returns ios_cpu_5min() or cat_cpu5min(), whichever is available. $ciscostats->mem_total() Returns mem_free() + mem_used() $ciscostats->vendor() 'cisco' $ciscostats->os() Tries to parse if device is running IOS or CatOS from description() Available values : pix Cisco PIX asa Cisco ASA fwsm Single-mode FWSM fwsm-admin Admin context of multi-context FWSM fwsm-context Standard context of multi-context FWSM ace-admin Admin context of ACE module ace-context Standard context of ACE module (NB: No OS version detection is available, but will be the same as it's 'ace admin') css Cisco Content Switch css-sca Cisco Content Switch Secure Content Acceleration $ciscostats->os_ver() Tries to parse device operating system version from description() $ciscostats->os_bin() Tries to parse ROMMON version from rom_id() string $ciscostats->ios_cpu() Current CPU usage in percent. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.56.0 = "OLD-CISCO-CPU-MIB:avgBusyPer" $ciscostats->ios_cpu_1min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last minute. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.57.0 $ciscostats->ios_cpu_5min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last 5 minutes. 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.58.0 $ciscostats->cat_cpu() Current CPU usage in percent. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5sec.9" $ciscostats->cat_cpu_1min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last minute. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal1min.9" $ciscostats->cat_cpu_5min() Average CPU Usage in percent over the last 5 minutes. "CISCO-PROCESS-MIB::cpmCPUTotal5min.9" $ciscostats->mem_free() Main DRAM free of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolFree" $ciscostats->mem_used() Main DRAM used of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolUsed" $ciscostats->mem_total() Main DRAM of the device in bytes. "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolFree" + "CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB::ciscoMemoryPoolUsed" $ciscostats->flashmem_total() Flash memory of the device in bytes. "CISCO-FLASH-MIB::ciscoFlashDeviceSize" TABLE METHODS
Cisco Memory Pool Table ("ciscoMemoryPoolTable") $ciscostats->cisco_mem_free() The number of bytes from the memory pool that are currently unused on the managed device. ("ciscoMemoryPoolFree") $ciscostats->cisco_mem_used() The number of bytes from the memory pool that are currently in use by applications on the managed device. ("ciscoMemoryPoolUsed") Cisco Flash Device Table ("ciscoFlashDeviceTable") $ciscostats->cisco_flash_size() Total size of the Flash device. For a removable device, the size will be zero if the device has been removed. ("ciscoFlashDeviceSize") perl v5.12.4 2011-09-28 Info::CiscoStats(3pm)