Sponsored Content
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Analogues applications between Windows Application to Linux Post 302924114 by vbe on Thursday 6th of November 2014 10:03:04 AM
Old 11-06-2014
You are talking here about users PC no? That is more how your PC staff masters the inners of BIOS and Windows registry... But I see no reason why users would want to change their IP, all they gain is a big risk of not having any more connection and having to call the support and get a blame for messing their configuration...
My concern is that I suspect you are not using simple AD only but may have also some security tools linked with it suchas radius or GINA and some fancy MS proxies...

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

executing applications/commands on a unix server from a windows PC

i have a network drive (samba) mounted on to my PC and also i have SSH client on my machine. however i need to run applications/commands on a unix server from the middle of a different executable(windows compatable one). so i need to connect to the unix server from SSH through the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megastar
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What kind of security applications UNIX and Windows have in common?

Hi guys, may I know what kind of security applications do UNIX and Windows have in common? This is related to a project that is approaching its deadline, so would you all please be kind enough to help me? Thank You. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: austintham
0 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Porting Applications Using Windows SFU

I am trying to port a UNIX POSIX compliant application to Windows using Windows Services For UNIX version 3.5. The application is written in C and therefore I need to compile it using the cc command. I am running into many problems, but the one that specifically has me stuck right now is this.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidinsd
0 Replies

4. AIX

How can invoke applications on Windows machine from AIX server

Hi folks, Before I start explaning my problem let me tell you I am new to Unix environment. I am working on a application. It was developed in java (on Windows machine). But application for production will be deployed on AIX machine. One of my requirement is I need to invoke QTP scripts and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinrt
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows

Dear all i am new to linux/debian i run my application on the computer...during startup in bashrc i wrk wid dis script to invoke startx..i do this above command and it works perfectly... if && ; then startx -- -br 1>/dev/null exit 0 fi i use winscp for file transfer and putty for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_330
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I rebuild applications that developed in UNIX? I need to use it in windows os with cygwin

I need to rebuild an application that developed in unix environment and run in windows OS with cygwin. so How can I rebuild from the source code? is there any one who said something on this regard? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bejirond
2 Replies
REGDIFF(1)							  [FIXME: manual]							REGDIFF(1)

NAME
regdiff - Diff program for Windows registry files SYNOPSIS
regdiff [--help] [--backend=BACKEND] [--backend=BACKEND] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [--credentials=CREDENTIALS] [location] [location] DESCRIPTION
regdiff compares two Windows registry files key by key and value by value and generates a text file that contains the differences between the two files. A file generated by regdiff can later be applied to a registry file by the regpatch utility. regdiff and regpatch use the same file format as the regedit32.exe utility from Windows. OPTIONS
--help Show list of available options. --backend BACKEND Name of backend to load. Possible values are: creg, regf, dir and rpc. The default is dir. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. --credentials=CREDENTIALS Credentials to use, if any. Password should be separated from user name by a percent sign. This argument can be specified twice: once for the first registry file and once for the second. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 4.0 of the Samba suite. SEE ALSO
gregedit, regshell, regpatch, regtree, samba, patch, diff AUTHOR
This utility is part of the Samba[1] suite, which is developed by the global Samba Team[2]. This manpage and regdiff were written by Jelmer Vernooij. NOTES
1. Samba http://www.samba.org/ 2. Samba Team http://www.samba.org/samba/team/ [FIXME: source] 04/16/2014 REGDIFF(1)