Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Legato Networker
Operating Systems Solaris Legato Networker Post 302924111 by gull04 on Thursday 6th of November 2014 09:37:47 AM
Old 11-06-2014
Hi z0rtiz,

OK, there are several switches for the mt command. In reality all you want is the tape to be some way from the beginning of the tape.

You could try;
Code:
mt -f /dev/rmt/1n eom

Or you could try;
Code:
mt -f /dev/rmt/1n eod

It has been some time since I used tapes this way, one switch is the "end of media" and the other is "end of data" - normally you would use when you wanted to append data to a tape set.

Then run the retention command, as to using the disaster recovery guide for legato - you are getting into an area where you need to have the backup procedures documented to know how to recover them.

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Veritas or Legato?

Hi guys, What product would you suggest for a hot/on-line backup with an active oracle database ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Networker

Has anyone ever used Networker to backups a SunSolaris 5.4 system. I have all the my other OS on the network being backup except for the 5.4 systems. It's has to do with a daemon. So help me out this doesn't make any since> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aojmoj
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Legato networker on hp-ux

Hello, Firstable I am new on hp-ux (well long time ago) I am more aix admin.... Legato networker is the tool backup use on the hp-ux. I don't know this tool and would like to know where to find some docs or training. My first question will be : when a system (hp-ux B.11.0) is backuped on a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: touny
8 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

restore from Legato

Hi Fellas/Ladies I havent dont any restore unix systemsand recently issue has come up that I need to restore to fridays copy. I want to restore everything to last fridays for the directory /usr/local/projects. Anyone done legato restores? Would it keep acl/permissions, symlinks etc. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

networker

hi all, I have just installed networker 7.3 on my HPUX machine, licenced and ready to go, however, when I try to load/inventory/label a type using the autochanger I am getting the following error: Cannot find attribute 'operation instance' for resource 'NSR jukebox'. When I check to see what... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macgre_r
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Legato Display

I am running legato 7.3.2. Here is my issue. I have taken over the backup duties from an employee who left the company. He was running Legato as the backup server/client of choice (I don't know much about Legato, but i am learning on the job). He has it setup to run the admin qui from the backup... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Sun EBS Networker 7.3

I am having an issue with Sun EBS Networker 7.3, (64 bit) (Sun Hardware, Solaris 9) where it expects an Oracle DB (11.5.10 with 10g Database (10.2.0.2)) size of 4294967295 bytes. The DB's get backed up anyway, but it's only happening to certain DB's. The warning messages occur at random intervals... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: djembeplayer
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Legato networker 7.6

Hi ALl I have recently installed networker 7.6 on my solaris 10 host(V240). My bosses requirement was that the GUI was still availible (nwadmin). However on 7.6 there is no GUI and nwadmin does not exist. I have copied nwadmin over from the previous version of legato i had installed (6.2), and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networker upgrade

Hi Guys, we are currently upgrading our networker to a newer version on newere hardware. We are currently running networker 6.1.2 adn are upgrading to Networker 7.6sp2. I was wondering if there was a way to migrate our indexes (so that from the old version(on E450) to the new version of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: brian112
0 Replies

10. AIX

Networker : LUS Passthrough driver

Hi. AIX 7.1, Networker 7.6.3. My system detect all drives, but a jbconfig sent me this message : "You must install the LUS SCSI passthrough driver" I have Atape driver 12.3.9 on my AIX. Tks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stephnane
0 Replies
device_maps(4)							   File Formats 						    device_maps(4)

NAME
device_maps - device_maps file SYNOPSIS
/etc/security/device_maps DESCRIPTION
The device_maps file contains access control information about each physical device. Each device is represented by a one line entry of the form: device-name : device-type : device-list : where device-name This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the physical device. This field contains no embedded white space or non- printable characters. device-type This is an arbitrary ASCII string naming the generic device type. This field identifies and groups together devices of like type. This field contains no embedded white space or non-printable characters. device-list This is a list of the device special files associated with the physical device. This field contains valid device special file path names separated by white space. The device_maps file is an ASCII file that resides in the /etc/security directory. Lines in device_maps can end with a `' to continue an entry on the next line. Comments may also be included. A `#' makes a comment of all further text until the next NEWLINE not immediately preceded by a `'. Leading and trailing blanks are allowed in any of the fields. The device_maps file must be created by the system administrator before device allocation is enabled. This file is owned by root, with a group of sys, and a mode of 0644. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample device_maps file # scsi tape st1: rmt: /dev/rst21 /dev/nrst21 /dev/rst5 /dev/nrst5 /dev/rst13 /dev/nrst13 /dev/rst29 /dev/nrst29 /dev/rmt/1l /dev/rmt/1m /dev/rmt/1 /dev/rmt/1h /dev/rmt/1u /dev/rmt/1ln /dev/rmt/1mn /dev/rmt/1n /dev/rmt/1hn /dev/rmt/1un /dev/rmt/1b /dev/rmt/1bn: FILES
/etc/security/device_maps SEE ALSO
allocate(1), bsmconv(1M), deallocate(1), dminfo(1M), list_devices(1) NOTES
The functionality described in this man page is available only if the Basic Security Module (BSM) has been enabled. See bsmconv(1M) for more information. SunOS 5.10 16 Jan 2001 device_maps(4)