Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass date to SQL server SP? Post 302924018 by Rahul Raj on Wednesday 5th of November 2014 08:32:02 PM
Old 11-05-2014
Hi Blackrageous,

Thanks for the reply!

it's SQL SERVER 2008 R2 version.

I will check on the -v switch and let you know. But my doubt is how to pass the date from the unix script to the input file containing the sqlcmd command.

Code:

./XYZ.sh '2014-11-06'

XYZ.sh

Code:

sqlcmd -s<servername> -U <username> -p<password> -I <embedded SQL input file>

Input File
Code:

exec <SP Name> '$date_var'

I want to pass the date '2014-11-06' to date_var

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass multiple variables to SQL script

I am trying to close of multiple users in an Oracle database. Each users has records in multiple tables what I need to do is use a script that call each SQL seperately passing either CLI arguments or gathered arguments from the users during run time. ## Accept variable(s) from the command line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass variable to sql

Please help. I got these error. I'm try to pass variable extract from data-file.txt to sql file(select.sql). cat: cannot open select cat: cannot open * cat: cannot open from cat: cannot open user cat: cannot open where cat: cannot open name=$list; #!/bin/bash list=`sed q... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass a variable to SQL script

Hi Guys, I like to pass a variable to a sql file in a unix script.. I tried a below code.. var=200903 db2 -vf test.sql 200903 test.sql is as below. select * from db2.users where quarter = $1; Please tell me where i go wrong.. Thanks in advance, Magesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass the first date and last date of previous month

Hi All, I need to run a job every month at the beginning of the month which is scheduled through autosys, lets say on 03/01/2010. I need to pass the last month's i.e February's first_date = 02/01/2010 and last_date = 02/28/2010 as variables to a stored procedure. Can somebody please pass... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vigdmab
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from unix shell to sql session?

Here is the situation, I have file from which I am reading records line by line. Based upon some condition I need to pass a field from a sql session to get some data from a table. I don't have any idea how to do it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass perl array to SQL oracle

Hello, Could someone please suggest if there is a way to pass an perl array(pass @v_array) to SQL as in below eg : #!/usr/bin/perl @v_array = (1,2,4,5,6,8); $db_userid = 'ni71/ni711'; $bufTPO = qx{ sqlplus -s << EOF $db_userid set verify off set feedback off set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunshankar.c
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass string into sql query?

Hi Gurus, I have a request which needs to pass string into sql. dummy code as below: sqlplus -s user/password@instance << EOF >>output.txt set echo off head off feed off pagesize 0 trimspool on linesize 1000 colsep , select emp_no, emp_name from emp where emp_no in ('a', 'b', 'c'); exit;... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file?

Hi, i wan't to pass a shellscript variable to a sql file. a.sql select $field from dual; the way i am calling this is through sqlplus field_name="sysdate" sqlplus -s username/password@hostname:port/servicename <<EOF @a.sql $field_name EOF (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To pass one month range in sql script

Hi Guys, i am having .sql script which inserts data from one table to another table based on date condition, i need to pass range on based on how many number of months, for e.g set timing on; whenever sqlerror exit failure; spool myscript.log append accept start_date... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
7 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)