Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Protection and special characters Post 302924011 by scopiop on Wednesday 5th of November 2014 05:29:20 PM
Old 11-05-2014
Thanks, it works....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

special characters

I have one file which is named ^? ( the DEL character ) I'd like to know how to rename or copy the file by using its i-node number TYIA (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nawnaw
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quoting of special characters

Hello, I am getting very confused as to where should i quote special/metacharacters in shell. Sometimes i write * directly and it works, othertimes i have to do "*". Same is the case with other special characters like /,\,.,$,etc. Can somebody give me link to somewhere where i can found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Substitue 'Special Characters' in VI

Hi All, I am using LATEX and need to delete all the lines in a file matching: \begin{work} I know there are several ways to do this, but I am trying to do it with the substitute command in VI. The problem is I can't get substitute to recognize the character '\'! How do I do it? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Special characters

When I open a file in vi, I see the following characters: \302\240 Can someone explain what these characters mean. Is it ASCII format? I need to trim those characters from a file. I am doing the following: tr -d '\302\240' ---------- Post updated at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sid1982
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to see special characters?

Hi all, I was wondering how can i see the special characters like \t, \n or anything else in a file by using Nano or any other linux command like less, more etc (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvj
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escaping special characters

I'm attempting a little hack to get grep to highlight (change foreground color to red) a found string. Assuming a target file "test" consisting of the word "albert": My executable "algrep" consists of this: grep $1 $2 | sed "s/$1/\\\033 And when run: algrep al test Produces this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

special characters

Hey guys, I'm trying to replace "]Facebook" from the text but sed 's/]Facebook/Johan/g' is not working could you please help me with that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File containing special characters

Hello All, I am facing challenges in order to transfer a file from windows to unix box,the file contains a special character '×' ,now when I am transferring the file from windows to unix that special character converted to something else like 'Ã' ,another thing I have noticed that the hardware is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prarat
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove special characters?

Hi Gurus, I have file which contains some unicode charachator like "ü". I want to replace it with some charactors. I searched in internet and got command sed "s/ü/-/g", but I don't know how to type ü in unix command line. Please help me for this one. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies
jlha-utils(1)						      General Commands Manual						     jlha-utils(1)

NAME
jlha -- lzh decompressor/compressor SYNOPSIS
jlha [[-]{axelvudmcp[q[num]][vnfodizg012]}[w=<dir>]] [archive_file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the jlha commands. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. jlha is a program extracts or creates LZH archive files. COMMANDS AND OPTIONS
commands: a Add files to archive xe EXtract files from archive l List files from archive v Verbose list files from archive u Update files to archive d Delete files from archive m Move files to archive c Create archive p Print archive to stdout t Test the integrity of an archive options: q quiet output v verbose output f force overwrite existing files t FILES are TEXT files o[567] Change LHA compression algorithm w=<dir> specify working directory. only works for (e/x) d delete files after executing commands. only works for (a/u/c) i ignore path. only works for (e/x) z do not compress files (a/u) 0/1/2 change header level (a/u) e convert text file encoding from/to EUC-JP y convert filename from Shift-JIS AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ying-Chun Liu (PaulLiu) <grandpaul@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). This man- ual page is in public domain and is freely reproduced, distributed, transmitted, used, modified, built upon, or otherwise exploited by any- one for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and in any way, including by methods that have not yet been invented or conceived. jlha-utils(1)