Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing TCP-MUX protocol socket help required. Post 302924000 by DGPickett on Wednesday 5th of November 2014 03:43:08 PM
Old 11-05-2014
I suppose you could port open source inetd and run that on modified file names. What sort of event are you timing? Did you try configuring a mux ftp like they described?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Confusion about TCP/IP socket programming

Hello there chaps. First of all, i'm no TCP/IP-wiz, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been messing around with filetransfer using sockets, and there is one thing that confuses me. This is how it's set up: A server app listens on a port for a client connection. When it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crippe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which application has a TCP socket open

If I do a netstat -a I can see all the sockets currently open, is there a way that I can tell which application is holding open these sockets ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how i pass object or structure using tcp/ip protocol

suppose i want to pass object or structure using TCP/IP protocol (using socket) then what are special steps required for passing the object from client to server and vice versa Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

4. AIX

TCP/IP socket binding problem

I have what appears to be a unique socket problem, although admittedly my tcp/ip programming experience is relatively limited. I have a AIX server process using TCP/IP berkely sockets, and a Windows (C#) process. The windows process takes input from a user and sends a message to the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adiaconou
1 Replies

5. Programming

problem receiving data from TCP socket

Hi all, I'm writing a socket program which sends a structure from one machine to another. When I run my client first time it runs well, however after the first time I couldn't receive all the data inside the structure (it is like, half of the array is received and the other half is not set). I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to i get to the TCP/IP internet protocol menu in Windows 7?

In Windows Vista all that one needs to do is right click your active network and select properties to get the (TCP/IP) internet protocol menu, but i cannot reach that menu in Windows 7. This is the menu that i am trying to reach in Windows 7 : i can't seem to find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

7. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Packets sent from Linux TCP socket

Hello, Our software is using a TCP socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM) to communicate with an Ethernet device. When we send a message, the message object writes itself in full onto the socket's stream buffer before the software invokes send() from socket.h. I'm still researching, but have 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bix_20002000
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write to tcp socket

Hello all, I have a requirement to read and write to a tcp socket from an HP-UX shell script. I see a /dev/tcp character device on my servers: crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 72 0x00004f Mar 28 18:37 /dev/tcp So I believe this is what I should use. The problem is that all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
TAP::Parser::Multiplexer(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     TAP::Parser::Multiplexer(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Multiplexer - Multiplex multiple TAP::Parsers VERSION
Version 3.25 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Multiplexer; my $mux = TAP::Parser::Multiplexer->new; $mux->add( $parser1, $stash1 ); $mux->add( $parser2, $stash2 ); while ( my ( $parser, $stash, $result ) = $mux->next ) { # do stuff } DESCRIPTION
"TAP::Parser::Multiplexer" gathers input from multiple TAP::Parsers. Internally it calls select on the input file handles for those parsers to wait for one or more of them to have input available. See TAP::Harness for an example of its use. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $mux = TAP::Parser::Multiplexer->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Multiplexer" object. Instance Methods "add" $mux->add( $parser, $stash ); Add a TAP::Parser to the multiplexer. $stash is an optional opaque reference that will be returned from "next" along with the parser and the next result. "parsers" my $count = $mux->parsers; Returns the number of parsers. Parsers are removed from the multiplexer when their input is exhausted. "next" Return a result from the next available parser. Returns a list containing the parser from which the result came, the stash that corresponds with that parser and the result. my ( $parser, $stash, $result ) = $mux->next; If $result is undefined the corresponding parser has reached the end of its input (and will automatically be removed from the multiplexer). When all parsers are exhausted an empty list will be returned. if ( my ( $parser, $stash, $result ) = $mux->next ) { if ( ! defined $result ) { # End of this parser } else { # Process result } } else { # All parsers finished } See Also TAP::Parser TAP::Harness perl v5.14.2 2012-06-05 TAP::Parser::Multiplexer(3pm)