Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command - filename as arguments - make executable to all users. Post 302923925 by Reddax on Wednesday 5th of November 2014 08:08:20 AM
Old 11-05-2014
Command - filename as arguments - make executable to all users.

Edit: Sorry. Mistakenly posted - please delete

Last edited by Reddax; 11-05-2014 at 10:05 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to make a script executable by all users?

I have a script in my home direcroty which upon execution gives the essential system information like memory,cpu etc and is currently owned by root:root. Now I want to see that every non root user will run this file and grab the reqired system info. I know this is some thing associated with chown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make new arguments for echo command

Hi everybody, i want to make an argument at echo command that takes a alpharithmetic and returns it reversed. How this can be done? plus what makefile changes are needed (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Panteras
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read arguments to make command

In the make file update updateq: ------------------- ---------- i want the makefile to display some messages when user gives "make update", but totally quite wehn user enters "make updateq". Can u tell me how to read these argument in makefile. $1 doesnt work:( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikashtulsiyan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run and make an executable file

as i said before i'm a beginner in shell programming and i have two questions: how to run an executable file in shell scripts like for example let's say the file called "prog.exe", what's the shell command to run this file? also how can i make the shell file an executable file (if it is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: _-_shadow_-_
5 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

I need to make a script that has 4 command line arguments to function properly.

I have no idea what the following means. The teacher is too advanced for me to understand fully. We literally went from running a few commands over the last few months to starting shell scripting. I am not a programmer, I am more hardware oriented. I wish I knew what this question was asking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wookard
3 Replies

6. Programming

Make a file accept only two arguments from the command line

DELETED (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProgMan2015
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Make a file accept only two arguments from the command line

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: 1) The script is executed in the Korn shell. 2) Name the shell script file is asg6s. 3) The asg6s file is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ProgMan2015
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script make itself executable

Is there a way to make this make itself executable? Thanks. :-) cat > somescript.sh << \EOF #!/bin/bash block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Block count:/ {print $NF}') reserved_block_count=$(sudo tune2fs -l /dev/sda1 | awk '/^Reserved block count:/ {print $NF}') perl -e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My awk executable is not printing FILENAME...: why?

Hello, there! I am running an executable awk script with 'source.awk input_file' and found that when I need to print FILENAME, or ENVIRON or even FNR nothing happens ... However, if I run it with 'awk -f source.awk input_file', then those variables are printed... What is the reason for that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbird3
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

My awk executable is not printing FILENAME...: why?

Hello, there! I am running an executable awk script with 'source.awk input_file' and found that when I need to print FILENAME, or ENVIRON or even FNR nothing happens ... However, if I run it with 'awk -f source.awk input_file', then those variables are printed... What is the reason for that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fbird3
1 Replies
SVN::Simple::Edit(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      SVN::Simple::Edit(3)

NAME
SVN::Simple::Edit - A simple interface for driving svn delta editors SYNOPSIS
my $edit = SVN::Simple::Edit->new (_editor => [SVN::Repos::get_commit_editor($repos, "file://$repospath", '/', 'root', 'FOO', &committed)], ); $edit->open_root($fs->youngest_rev); $edit->add_directory ('trunk'); $edit->add_file ('trunk/filea'); $edit->modify_file ("trunk/fileb", "content", $checksum); $edit->delete_entry ("trunk/filec"); $edit->close_edit (); ... $edit->copy_directory ('branches/a, trunk, 0); DESCRIPTION
SVN::Simple::Edit wraps the subversion delta editor with a perl friendly interface and then you could easily drive it for describing changes to a tree. A common usage is to wrap the commit editor, so you could make commits to a subversion repository easily. This also means you can not supply the $edit object as an delta_editor to other API, and that's why this module is named ::Edit instead of ::Editor. See SVN::Simple::Editor for simple interface implementing a delta editor. PARAMETERS
for constructor _editor The editor that will receive delta editor calls. missing_handler Called when parent directory are not opened yet, could be: &SVN::Simple::Edit::build_missing Always build parents if you don't open them explicitly. &SVN::Simple::Edit::open_missing Always open the parents if you don't create them explicitly. SVN::Simple::Edit::check_missing ([$root]) Check if the path exists on $root. Open it if so, otherwise create it. root The default root to use by SVN::Simple::Edit::check_missing. base_path The base path the edit object is created to send delta editor calls. noclose Do not close files or directories. This might make non-sorted operations on directories/files work. METHODS
Note: Don't expect all editors will work with operations not sorted in DFS order. open_root ($base_rev) add_directory ($path) open_directory ($path) copy_directory ($path, $from, $fromrev) add_file ($path) open_file ($path) copy_file ($path, $from, $fromrev) delete_entry ($path) change_dir_prop ($path, $propname, $propvalue) change_file_prop ($path, $propname, $propvalue) close_edit () AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.12.1 2005-02-23 SVN::Simple::Edit(3)