Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to remove VIOS disk
Operating Systems AIX Unable to remove VIOS disk Post 302923754 by ibmtech on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 10:59:13 AM
Old 11-04-2014
I am confused as to how the disk is coming to client?
Have you created a VG on VIOS, created LV and giving those LV's as vscsi disks to client? or you have mapped the whole disk to client?
If your answer is latter then you cannot create a VG on VIOS.

Can you provide the below info
Code:
On VIOS (as padmin)
lsdev -slots
lsmap -vadapter vscsiX -all   X=client ID
lspv -free

Now as root
lsvg -l patchtest
lsvg -p patchtest

On client run this
Code:
lsvg 
lsvg -o
lspv
lsdev -Cc disk
df -g

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

2. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to take backup of /var on another disk !!

Hi Gurus, I have to back the /var to other disk, however I am unable to do so. What I did is Created a partition on another disk, placed file system on the slice and mounted on /mnt . Issued following command #ufsdump 0cfu /mnt /var And I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

Shared Disk in VIOS between two LPARs ?

is there any way to create shared virtual disk between two LPARs like how you can do it using Storage through Fiber on two servers ? Trying to stimulate HACMP between two LPARs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)