Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Read speed too bad on NAS share on VM Post 302923733 by gull04 on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 09:00:30 AM
Old 11-04-2014
Hi,

Something to check before delving into this too deeply is that the networking is set up properly, if you are running through any intelligent network infrastructure ensure that all the TX/RX settings are the same.

Points worth looking at are is auto negotiate set anywhere. Are the port parameters the same all the way through I.E. 100Mb Full Duplex etc.

Regards

Dave

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read -p "prompt text" foo say "read: bad option(s)" in Bourne-Shell

Hallo, i need a Prompting read in my script: read -p "Enter your command: " command But i always get this Error: -p: is not an identifier When I run these in c-shell i get this error /usr/bin/read: read: bad option(s) How can I use a Prompt in the read command? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiseguy
9 Replies

2. Solaris

Samba: share subfolder as read only.

Hi, Currently I have a Samba shared configured as follows: comment = Public fileshare path = /u02/pub guest ok = Yes writeable = Yes There is a subfolder under /u02/pub called /u02/pub/expenses/hardware that I need to make read only. How do I do this? I am new to using Samba. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Disk read and write speed.

Being a novice user to linux i m little unaware of how would i check disk read write speed. One of my mate is suggesting to create a file using dd command and check how much time it takes to create a 30 gb file . I think this has a little sense however i would also like to take your reviews... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

help with some basic osx terminal commands. fixing permissions on NAS share

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I'm computer literate but by no means an expert! I'm simply trying to recover data from my DLink DNS343 NAS mounted on my X86 iMac using SMB. Somehow, in moving to a new computer, I have lost access to some files on the NAS. Just some files are access denied. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quantaa
0 Replies

6. Solaris

how to make nas share mounted in zones persistent across reboots?

there are few nas shares that would be mounted on the local zone. should i add an entry into the add an entry in zone.xml file so that it gets mounted automatically when the zone gets rebooted? or whats the correct way to get it mounted automatically when the zone reboots (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

7. AIX

I/O speed to CIFS mounted Windows Share

I have an AIX box that mounts a Windows share across subnets. When I try to copy a 100 MB file to it, it copies around 2 MB/s. If I copy to another Windows share on the same subnet it copies around 12 MB/s. All I have is gigabit networks so I would expect it to go well over 12 MB/s, which is the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to mount nas-share using generated credentials (mount EC 13,32)

Heyas At home i have 1 nas with 3 shares, of which i used to mount 2 of them using a script with hardcoded password and username in it. EDIT: Turns out, its not the script, but 'how i access' the nas share.. (-o user=XY,password=... VS. -o credentials=...). Figured about credential files,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read a fast written log file at Real time speed?

Hello All, I am building a real time parser for a log file in my application. The log file is continuously written at a very fast pace and gets rolled over every 10 minutes. I have measured the speed and observed that around 1000 lines are written to it every second, each line about 30-40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
7 Replies
TXP(4)                                                     BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                     TXP(4)

NAME
txp -- 3Com 3XP Typhoon/Sidewinder (3CR990) Ethernet interface SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device txp Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_txp_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The txp interface provides access to the 10Mb/s and 100Mb/s Ethernet networks via the 3Com Typhoon/Sidewinder chipset. Basic Ethernet functions are provided as well as support for vlan(4) tag removal and insertion assistance, receive ip(4), tcp(4), and udp(4) checksum offloading, and transmit ip(4) checksum offloading. There is currently no support for transmit tcp(4) or udp(4) checksum offload- ing, tcp(4) segmentation, nor ipsec(4) acceleration. Each of the host's network addresses is specified at boot time with an SIOCSIFADDR ioctl(2). The txp interface employs the address resolu- tion protocol described in arp(4) to dynamically map between Internet and Ethernet addresses on the local network. When a txp interface is brought up, by default, it will attempt to auto-negotiate the link speed and duplex mode. The speeds, in order of attempt, are: 100Mb/s Full Duplex, 100Mb/s Half Duplex, 10 Mb/s Full Duplex, and 10 Mb/s Half Duplex. The txp supports several media types, which are selected via the ifconfig(8) command. The supported media types are: media autoselect Attempt to autoselect the media type (default) media 100baseTX mediaopt full-duplex Use 100baseTX, full duplex media 100baseTX [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 100baseTX, half duplex media 10baseT mediaopt full-duplex Use 10baseT, full duplex media 10baseT [mediaopt half-duplex] Use 10baseT, half duplex HARDWARE
The txp driver supports the following cards: o 3Com 3CR990-TX-95 o 3Com 3CR990-TX-97 o 3Com 3cR990B-TXM o 3Com 3CR990SVR95 o 3Com 3CR990SVR97 o 3Com 3cR990B-SRV SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), inet(4), intro(4), ip(4), miibus(4), tcp(4), udp(4), vlan(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The txp driver first appeared in OpenBSD 2.9. BSD March 12, 2009 BSD