Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 7z command for files larger than 4GB ( unzip doesn't work) Post 302923730 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 08:54:11 AM
Old 11-04-2014
Which Operating System are we talking? Unix/Linux or Windoze?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line work script doesn't

Hello, I'm stuck and confused as to why when I execute things form the command line it works but when in a script it doesn't. My script: ### creating a lock on the console touch /var/run/console.lock chmod 600 /var/run/console.lock echo "$User" >>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command doesn't work under cron ?

I have defined in cron crontab -l >/FIXENGINE/data/crontab.$(whoami).$(date +%a) The resulting file is named crontab.fixadmin. When I run the above from a command line, the file is named: crontab.fixadmin.Tue (or whatever day I happen to be running) The question is - why do I get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigjohn-nj
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command doesn't work through variables

Hi.... cd command is not working when dual string drive/volume name is passed to cd through variables....... For Ex.... y=/Volumes/Backup\ vipin/ cd $y the above command gives error....... anyone with a genuine solution ? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinchauhan222
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command in shell script doesn't work

Hello all, Something strange going on with a shell script I'm writing. It's trying to write a list of files that it finds in a given directory to another file. But I also have a skip list so matching files that are in that skip list should be, well uhm, skipped :) Here's the code of my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StijnV
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfileThis code works well in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command works on Fedora/Ubuntu, but doesn't work in Mac

Hi, I have a question. I define a function using sed command: replace() { searchterm=$1 replaceterm=$2 sed -e "s/$searchterm/$replaceterm/ig" $3 > $WORK'tempfile.tmp' mv $WORK'tempfile.tmp' $3 } Then I call replace 'test = 0' 'test = 1' $myfile This code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dark2Bright
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh remote command doesn't work from script file

I have 10 application servers in a distributed architecture generating their own application logs. Each server has application utility to continuously tail the log. for example following command follows tails and follows new logfiles as they are generated server1$ logutility logtype When I run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianya
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backingup larger files with TAR command

I need to backup my database but the files are very large and the TAR command will not let me. I searched aids and found that I could do something with the mknod, COMPRESS and TAR command using them together. I appreciate your help. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frizcala
10 Replies
lx(5)							Standards, Environments, and Macros						     lx(5)

NAME
lx - Linux branded zone DESCRIPTION
The lx brand uses the branded zones framework described in brands(5) to enable Linux binary applications to run unmodified on a machine with a Solaris Operating System kernel. The lx brand includes the tools necessary to install a CentOS 3.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.x distribution inside a non-global zone. The brand supports the execution of 32-bit Linux applications on x86/x64 machines running the Solaris system in either 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Supported Linux Distributions The lx brand emulates the system call interfaces provided by the Linux 2.4.21 kernel, as modified by Red Hat in the RHEL 3.x distributions. This kernel provides the system call interfaces consumed by the glibc version 2.3.2 released by Red Hat. In addition, the lx brand partially emulates the Linux /dev and /proc interfaces. Configuration and Administration The lx brand supports the whole root non-global zone model. All of the required linux packages are installed into the private file systems of the zone. The zonecfg(1M) utility is used to configure an lx branded zone. Once a branded zone has been installed, that zone's brand cannot be changed or removed. The zoneadm(1M) utility is used to report the zone's brand type and administer the zone. The zlogin(1) utility is used to log in to the zone. Application Support The lx zone only supports user-level Linux applications. You cannot use Linux device drivers, Linux kernel modules, or Linux file systems from inside an lx zone. You cannot add any non-standard Solaris devices to a Linux zone. Any attempt to do so will result in a zone that zonecfg(1M) will refuse to verify. You cannot run Solaris applications inside an lx zone. Solaris debugging tools such as DTrace (see dtrace(1M)) and mdb (see mdb(1)) can be applied to Linux processes executing inside the zone, but the tools themselves must be running in the global zone. Any core files generated are produced in the Solaris format, and such files can only be debugged with Solaris tools. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWlxr, SUNWlxu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mdb(1), zlogin(1), zonename(1), dtrace(1M), zoneadm(1M), zonecfg(1M), brands(5), zones(5), lx_systrace(7D) SunOS 5.11 19 Sep 2006 lx(5)