Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl - line count of a file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - line count of a file Post 302923531 by junior-helper on Monday 3rd of November 2014 12:39:23 PM
Old 11-03-2014
Is it possible that $datFile is holding/representing a file name without extension?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hw can i count the number of character in a file by perl

i want to count the number of character contained in afile using perl cript help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep all records in a file and get a word count -perl

Hi, I have a file .. file.txt .. i need to get a total record count in the files into a $variable.. im using perl script thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the line count from 2nd line of the file ?

Hi, I want to get the line count of the file from the 2nd line of the file ? The first line is header so want to skip that. Thanks. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Line Count

Hi, Came across a weird problem today. I was just trying to write this small script which would read the number of lines in a file. Depending on the count some further processing would be done. I used wc -l in order to get that done. But since it depends on the number of new line characters, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl line count if it matches a pattern

#!/usr/bin/perl use Shell; open THEFILE, "C:\galileo_integration.txt" || die "Couldnt open the file!"; @wholeThing = <THEFILE>; close THEFILE; foreach $line (@wholeThing){ if ($line =~ m/\\0$/){ @nextThing = $line; if ($line =~ s/\\0/\\LATEST/g){ @otherThing =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmattam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Sort and Count foreach line

Can any one please help I am trying to sort each item in every line and count the common (non case sensitive) and at the end printing all the unique alphabetically. Here is what i did ... I can print all the lines but struck to sort each line some were: I am getting the output as: I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshcisco
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to take file line count in AIX

HI All, I am trying to take file line count in UNIX and AIX Unix command to take file line count-- working fine count=`wc -l /apps/hgford/sorted/E.testing.DLY|cut -f1 -d " "` 1355Same command when run in aix --having issue count=`wc -l /apps/hgford/sorted/E.testing.DLY|cut -f1 -d " "`... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FASTEN count line of dat file and compare with the CTRL file

Hi All, I thinking on how to accelerate the speed on calculate the dat file against the number of records CTRL file. There are about 300 to 400 folder directories that contains both DAT and CTL files. DAT contain all the flat files records CTL is the reference check file for the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckwan
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To take line count from a file

Hi guys, I am having a file which where i need to take line count based on searching a particular string from a list say list_file.txt which occurs in 2nd column of my main file and to take the line count which doesnot exist in list file say list_file.txt for eg: my main file looks like this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count the pipes "|" in line and delete line if count greter then number.

Hello, I have been working on Awk/sed one liner which counts the number of occurrences of '|' in pipe separated lines of file and delete the line from files if count exceeds "17". i.e need to get records having exact 17 pipe separated fields(no more or less) currently i have below : awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies
XQueryExtension()														 XQueryExtension()

Name
  XQueryExtension - get extension information.

Synopsis
  Bool XQueryExtension(display, name, major_opcode_return, first_event_return, first_error_return)
	Display *display;
	char *name;
	int *major_opcode_return;
	int *first_event_return;
	int *first_error_return;

Arguments
  display   Specifies a connection to an X server; returned from XOpenDisplay().

name	    Specifies the name of the desired extension.  Uppercase or lowercase is important.	If the extension name is not in the Host Por-
	    table Character Encoding, the result is implementation-dependent.

major_opcode_return
	    Returns the major opcode of the extension, for use in error handling routines.

first_event_return
	    Returns the code of the first custom event type created by the extension.

first_error_return
	    Returns the code of the first custom error defined by the extension.

Returns
  True if the extension is present, else False.

Description
  XQueryExtension() determines if the named extension is present, and returns True if it is.  If so, the routines in  the  extension  can  be
  used just as if they were core Xlib requests, except that they may return new types of events or new error codes.  The available extensions
  can be listed with XListExtensions().

The major_opcode_return for the extension is returned, if it has one.  Otherwise, zero is returned.  This opcode will appear in errors gen-
  erated in the extension.

If  the extension involves additional event types, the base event type code is returned in first_event_return.  Otherwise, zero is returned
  in first_event_return.  The format of the events is specific to the extension.

If the extension involves additional error codes, the base error code is returned in first_error_return.  Otherwise, zero is returned.  The
  format of additional data in the errors is specific to the extension.

See  Volume  One,  Chapter  15, Other Programming Techniques, for more information on using extensions, and Volume One, Appendix C, Writing
  Extensions to X, for information on writing them.

See Also
  XFreeExtensionList(),  XListExtensions().

Xlib - Extensions														 XQueryExtension()