Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Disabling cron after NIM restore Post 302923470 by gull04 on Monday 3rd of November 2014 07:16:43 AM
Old 11-03-2014
Hi,

Depending on your version of AIX, the process can be a little different when it comes to starting and stopping the cron service. What version are you using?

Regards

Dave

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

migrate NIM server through NIM installation

I try to migrate a NIM server from one server to another. I try to do a mksysb on NIM server restore the NIM server's mksysb to a client through NIM installation shutdown NIM server start newly installed client as NIM server Does anyone do this before? who can give me some suggestion? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanzhang
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to backup and restore Linux uisng NIM.

Hi Friends, I've a hard question to ask. I have a NIM server running on AIX 5.3. Now my requirement is that , " From This NIM Server i would like to take the Image of Linux servers ". I mean that using NIM server i should be able to backup / restore the linux Servers. In Simple terms... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdkumarj
3 Replies

3. AIX

NIM client mksysb restore

Can a NIM client mksysb restore be performed via NIM (smitty nim) without the NIM client machine having the NIM server's IP and hostname in its /etc/hosts file? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kah00na
10 Replies

4. AIX

Back up a client NIM from nim master

Hello everyone Im trying to backup a nim client from nim master but I got this message COMMAND STATUS Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. 0042-001 nim:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

5. AIX

Single file restore from NIM backup

Hi, I've recently implemented a NIM backup procedure for 2 virtual AIX5.3 environments running on a JS22 blade server. The images transfer to an old p620 box connected to some old SSA storage, each server backs up a mksysb and a savevg image. Now seeing as this method should be replacing our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thinboyslim
3 Replies

6. AIX

VIO restore from NIM dosen't work

Hello guys I have been trying to restore a VIO server from NIM using the nim_resource.tar file created from the same VIO lpar. The restoration goes fine and after 99% I get the following error 0516-304 putlvodm: Unable to find device id 000b5f62263b70a50000000000000000 in the Device... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disabling and enabling the cron

Hi All, Please tell me what is command to disable and enable the cron in unix. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Sindu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indira_s
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Disabling cron for few hours each day

Hi Is there any way to disable cron adhoc ? I want to run a script for every one minute between 04 to 00 hours will the below serves my purpose ? 01 04-00 * * * <your script> (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies

9. AIX

NIM Restore hangs at the start

Hello Gurus, I have a couple of questions, I'm trying to do a mksysb restore from backup and it has just hung at the start. RS/6000 Firmware Version TCP05287 (c) Copyright IBM Corp. 2000 All rights reserved. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elcounto
8 Replies

10. AIX

Problem in communication nim client with nim master

Hello, I have an AIX6.1 machine which is a nim client to my nim master which is also AIX6.1 machine. I had some problem to perform an installation on my client using smit nim . i removed /etc/niminfo file in order to do the initialization again but when i run the command niminit -a name=client... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
0 Replies
stopping(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       stopping(7)

NAME
stopping - event signalling that a job is stopping SYNOPSIS
stopping JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopping event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job begins stopping. The JOB environment variable con- tains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job is stopping normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job is stopping because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job is stopping because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) will wait for all services started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue stopping. This allows jobs to depend on other jobs, safely stopping themselves before their dependency goes away. This event is typically combined with the started(7) event by services. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopping event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run before another task or service is stopped might use: start on stopping postgresql RESULT=ok SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopping(7)