Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Experimental awk audio converter for CygWin and AudioScope.sh Post 302923401 by RudiC on Sunday 2nd of November 2014 02:37:03 PM
Old 11-02-2014
If I get you right, what you want to do per sample point is strip the low byte and then XOR with 0X80. Try this with mere shell (recent bash) builtins:
Code:
 hexdump -v -e '4/1 "0x%02X " "\n"' /tmp/sample.raw | while read _ LL _ RR; do printf "x%x x%x\n" $((LL^128)) $((RR^128)); done | while read LL RR; do printf "\\$LL\\$RR"; done

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to column converter using Awk or grep?

Hello, Can someone please help me on this.:confused: I have a file which has more than 1 million lines (XML file). What I need is: Search for "abcd" in the input file > output the result into a output.txt (colloum1) Search for "efghi" in the input file > output the result in to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
3 Replies

2. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope...

Boy oh boy, with only a MONO mic input to use AudioScope gets much more difficult when the ALTDC board is included. It needs, so far, two hits at the MIC input with a single hit at the HEADPHONE audio output. The first at the highest practical resolution for the AC component and the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command awk under CYGWIN

One my friend wrote one script on his machine linux, when I try to use it under cygwin I recive one error about the command awk. Is there someone can suggest me the way to fix the error? The script is wrote using gawk and I have no idea what kind of comand is used by cygwin. This is the script:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
8 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

AudioScope Project.

AudioScope Project. (Apologies for any typos.) For the few following...... AudioScope.sh... Now at Version 0.60.00. Well this baby has come a long way since its inception in January 2013. It is now at Version 0.60.00. It is MUCH more Apple centric now with a new OSX Sierra minimum _silent_... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
SAMPLE(3alleg4) 						  Allegro manual						   SAMPLE(3alleg4)

NAME
SAMPLE - Stores sound data. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> typedef struct SAMPLE DESCRIPTION
int bits; - 8 or 16 int stereo; - sample type flag int freq; - sample frequency int priority; - 0-255 unsigned long len; - length (in samples) unsigned long loop_start; - loop start position unsigned long loop_end; - loop finish position void *data; - raw sample data A sample structure, which holds sound data, used by the digital sample routines. You can consider all of these fields as read only except priority, loop_start and loop_end, which you can change them for example after loading a sample from disk. The priority is a value from 0 to 255 (by default set to 128) and controls how hardware voices on the sound card are allocated if you attempt to play more than the driver can handle. This may be used to ensure that the less important sounds are cut off while the important ones are preserved. The variables loop_start and loop_end specify the loop position in sample units, and are set by default to the start and end of the sample. If you are creating your own samples on the fly, you might also want to modify the raw data of the sample pointed by the data field. The sample data are always in unsigned format. This means that if you are loading a PCM encoded sound file with signed 16-bit samples, you would have to XOR every two bytes (i.e. every sample value) with 0x8000 to change the signedness. SEE ALSO
load_sample(3alleg4), exsample(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 SAMPLE(3alleg4)