Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with sed/awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with sed/awk command Post 302923381 by Prateek Dubey on Sunday 2nd of November 2014 11:23:46 AM
Old 11-02-2014
Code Help with sed/awk command

Hi All,

This is my first thread. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a csv file, that provides access to managers to a tool. The file is loaded onto our server containing all the assc id's with a trailing comma.

For ex: 182950,
However, we receive a file that contains 2 trailing commas instead of 1 like 182950,, . Due to this we faced a production failure.

We need to write a code to remove the extra commas after the id. The file contains above 3000 id's and every id should have only 1 trailing comma.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Prateek Dubey; 11-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you know about the Sed and Awk command??

I just need some information on what they can be use for and whatever else there is. anything you know, state here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Sed or AWK command!!!

Hi, I need help with Sed or AWk command.i want to remove all the numerals from the file name.These files are stored within a text file and after the numerals are removed,i need to redirect its output to another new .txt file. Input: aa_1002985_952.xml aa_bb_032207.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for this awk command

Hi what would be the sed equivalent of this awk command: awk '/$getsn/{getline;next}{print}' file It deletes the variable found and the next line after it in a file. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret sed and awk in the below command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:data in tempfile2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK command

Hi All, I have a file which has following lines : - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> I want output like this way in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line - awk, sed

My input file gfile values is CTRY=GM&PROJTYPE=SP&PROJECTTYPE=Small+Project If i am giving PROJECTTYPE then it must give Small Project awk -F"&" '{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i ~ "^"PAT) {sub ("^"PAT"=", "", $i); sed 's/'+'/""/' $i ; print $i }}' PAT=$1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear ALL, I am still struggling with some basic sed operations. I want to change path in a file as shown below: case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s1/case/case.OM' ) to case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s2/case/case.OM' ) In this file there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear all, I have a file named as fileName with following entities, functions { planeDictName { type surfaces; functionObjectLibs ( "libsampling.so" ); outputControl timeStep; surfaceFormat vtk; fields ( p U ); ... (42 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
42 Replies
curs_inchstr(3X)														  curs_inchstr(3X)

NAME
inchstr, inchnstr, winchstr, winchnstr, mvinchstr, mvinchnstr, mvwinchstr, mvwinchnstr - get a string of characters (and attributes) from a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int inchstr(chtype *chstr); int inchnstr(chtype *chstr, int n); int winchstr(WINDOW *win, chtype *chstr); int winchnstr(WINDOW *win, chtype *chstr, int n); int mvinchstr(int y, int x, chtype *chstr); int mvinchnstr(int y, int x, chtype *chstr, int n); int mvwinchstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, chtype *chstr); int mvwinchnstr(WINDOW *win, int y, int x, chtype *chstr, int n); DESCRIPTION
These routines return a NULL-terminated array of chtype quantities, starting at the current cursor position in the named window and ending at the right margin of the window. The four functions with n as the last argument, return a leading substring at most n characters long (exclusive of the trailing (chtype)0). Constants defined in <curses.h> can be used with the & (logical AND) operator to extract the char- acter or the attribute alone from any position in the chstr [see curs_inch(3X)]. RETURN VALUE
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion (the number of characters retrieved, exclusive of the trailing 0). NOTES
Note that all routines except winchnstr may be macros. SVr4 does not document whether the result string is 0-terminated; it does not docu- ment whether a length limit argument includes any trailing 0; and it does not document the meaning of the return value. PORTABILITY
These functions are described in the XSI Curses standard, Issue 4. It is no more specific than the SVr4 documentation on the trailing 0. It does specify that the successful return of the functions is OK. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_inch(3X). curs_inchstr(3X)