Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding line in a file using info from previous line Post 302923369 by junior-helper on Sunday 2nd of November 2014 01:54:48 AM
Old 11-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKH
I can make all sorts of modifications/additions on the same line.
Looks like you didn't know that you can put two commands on the same line, separated by a semicolon. With this trick you might have been able to manage it yourself.
Code:
mysql -uroot db1 < db1.sql; echo db1 is restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKH
but was looking for ways to report the status of the restore.
Important note: simply echo-ing that something happend - especially like you intend to do here - is not something you can really rely on, thus I suggest following solution:
Code:
mysql -uroot db1 < db1.sql && echo "db1 is restored" || echo "db1 restore failed"

Otherwise your report will say that the db was restored even if the restore failed, for whatever the reason.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append each line to next previous line in a file

Hi all, Please help me in providing sample code to append the following 4 lines in one row. Input : A1/EXT "BAPBSC10/07B/00" 523 090530 0115 RXOCF-430 HY1711 1 EXTERNAL ALARM DOOR ALARM Output should be : A1/EXT "BAPBSC10/07B/00" 523 090530 0115 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete line with match and previous line quoting/escaping problem

Hi folks, I've list of LDAP records in this format: cat cmmac.export.tmp2 dn: deviceId=0a92746a54tbmd34b05758900131136a506,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac: 00:13:11:36:a5:06 dn: deviceId=0a92746a62pbms4662299650015961cfa23,ou=devices,ou=customer,ou=nl,o=upc cmmac:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomas.polak
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding tab/new line at the end of each line of a file

Hello Everyone, I need a help from experts of this community regarding one of the issue that I am facing with shell scripting. My requirement is to append char's at the end of each line of a file. The char that will be appended is variable and will be passed through command line. The... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sourav Das
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed Comparing Parenthesized Values In Previous Line To Current Line

I am trying to delete lines in archived Apache httpd logs Each line has the pattern: <ip-address> - - <date-time> <document-request-URL> <http-response> <size-of-req'd-doc> <referring-document-URL> This pattern is shown in the example of 6 lines from the log in the code box below. These 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Proteomist
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding info to end of line if two columns match from files with different separators

I have two files (csv and vcf) which look exactly like this S1.csv func,gene,start,info "exonic","AL","2309","het" "exonic","NEF","6912","hom"S1.vcf ##fileinfo #CHROM POS ID INFO chr1 4567 rs323211 1/1:84,104,99 chr4 2309 rs346742 1/1:27,213,90 chr6 5834 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_19
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove new line starting with a numeric value and append it to the previous line

Hi, i have a file with multiple entries. After some tests with sed i managed to get the file output as follows: lsn=X-LINK-IN0,apc=661:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1, 00,2110597,2094790,0,81,529,75649011,56435363, lsn=TM1ITP1-AM1ITP1-LS,apc=500:0,state=avail,avail/links=1/1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
5 Replies
MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)					       MySQL Database System					      MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)

NAME
mysql_fix_privilege_tables - upgrade MySQL system tables SYNOPSIS
mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password DESCRIPTION
Note In MySQL 5.1.7, mysql_fix_privilege_tables was superseded by mysql_upgrade, which should be used instead. See mysql_upgrade(1). Some releases of MySQL introduce changes to the structure of the system tables in the mysql database to add new privileges or support new features. When you update to a new version of MySQL, you should update your system tables as well to make sure that their structure is up to date. Otherwise, there might be capabilities that you cannot take advantage of. mysql_fix_privilege_tables is an older script that previously was used to uprade the system tables in the mysql database after a MySQL upgrade. Before running mysql_fix_privilege_tables, make a backup of your mysql database. On Unix or Unix-like systems, update the system tables by running the mysql_fix_privilege_tables script: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables You must run this script while the server is running. It attempts to connect to the server running on the local host as root. If your root account requires a password, indicate the password on the command line like this: shell> mysql_fix_privilege_tables --password=root_password The mysql_fix_privilege_tables script performs any actions necessary to convert your system tables to the current format. You might see some Duplicate column name warnings as it runs; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it so that any changes made to the system tables take effect. On Windows systems, MySQL distributions include a mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql SQL script that you can run using the mysql client. For example, if your MySQL installation is located at C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1, the commands look like this: C:> cd "C:Program FilesMySQLMySQL Server 5.1" C:> binmysql -u root -p mysql mysql> SOURCE share/mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql Note Prior to version 5.1.17, the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script is found in the scripts directory. The mysql command will prompt you for the root password; enter it when prompted. If your installation is located in some other directory, adjust the path names appropriately. As with the Unix procedure, you might see some Duplicate column name warnings as mysql processes the statements in the mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sql script; you can ignore them. After running the script, stop the server and restart it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQL_FIX_PRIVILE(1)