Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Experimental awk audio converter for CygWin and AudioScope.sh Post 302923287 by shamrock on Friday 31st of October 2014 06:21:42 PM
Old 10-31-2014
What's your rationale behind this magic formula...($1+32768)/256)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Row to column converter using Awk or grep?

Hello, Can someone please help me on this.:confused: I have a file which has more than 1 million lines (XML file). What I need is: Search for "abcd" in the input file > output the result into a output.txt (colloum1) Search for "efghi" in the input file > output the result in to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Needhelp2
3 Replies

2. Slackware

Problems with audio recording in Audacity 2.0.5. Slackware64 14.1; Intel HD Audio.

I'm trying to record audio using Audacity 2.0.5 installed from SlackBuilds. My system is 64-bit Slackware 14.1 and a sound card is Intel HD Audio. I didn't change my sound system to OSS. (Default sound system in Slackware 14.1 is ALSA, isn't it?) First, I set Internal Microphone slider in KMix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: qzxcvbnm
2 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

AudioScope...

Boy oh boy, with only a MONO mic input to use AudioScope gets much more difficult when the ALTDC board is included. It needs, so far, two hits at the MIC input with a single hit at the HEADPHONE audio output. The first at the highest practical resolution for the AC component and the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command awk under CYGWIN

One my friend wrote one script on his machine linux, when I try to use it under cygwin I recive one error about the command awk. Is there someone can suggest me the way to fix the error? The script is wrote using gawk and I have no idea what kind of comand is used by cygwin. This is the script:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tapiocapioca
8 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

AudioScope Project.

AudioScope Project. (Apologies for any typos.) For the few following...... AudioScope.sh... Now at Version 0.60.00. Well this baby has come a long way since its inception in January 2013. It is now at Version 0.60.00. It is MUCH more Apple centric now with a new OSX Sierra minimum _silent_... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
TIME(2) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   TIME(2)

NAME
time - get time in seconds SYNOPSIS
#include <time.h> time_t time(time_t *t); DESCRIPTION
time() returns the time as the number of seconds since the Epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00 +0000 (UTC). If t is non-NULL, the return value is also stored in the memory pointed to by t. RETURN VALUE
On success, the value of time in seconds since the Epoch is returned. On error, ((time_t) -1) is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT t points outside your accessible address space. CONFORMING TO
SVr4, 4.3BSD, C89, C99, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX does not specify any error conditions. NOTES
POSIX.1 defines seconds since the Epoch using a formula that approximates the number of seconds between a specified time and the Epoch. This formula takes account of the facts that all years that are evenly divisible by 4 are leap years, but years that are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years unless they are also evenly divisible by 400, in which case they are leap years. This value is not the same as the actual number of seconds between the time and the Epoch, because of leap seconds and because system clocks are not required to be syn- chronized to a standard reference. The intention is that the interpretation of seconds since the Epoch values be consistent; see POSIX.1-2008 Rationale A.4.15 for further rationale. SEE ALSO
date(1), gettimeofday(2), ctime(3), ftime(3), time(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2011-09-09 TIME(2)