Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List commands executed on a server Post 302923204 by gull04 on Friday 31st of October 2014 07:33:06 AM
Old 10-31-2014
Hi,

If you are unable to see the history files of other users (this is correct) then you have limited options.

There is the "who" command that will show you who is actually logged on and the "ps" command that you can use to see what is "currently" running on the system.

Regards

Dave
This User Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Capturing commands executed by user

Hello Unix Champs, For keeping audit trail, I want to log the commands entered by the normal users, on their terminal into a text file. I tried putting a "script -a username.timestamp.txt" in the user profile file, but script command stops execution when user types exit or presses CTRL+D... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaven.haria
3 Replies

2. Solaris

I want to know whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
3 Replies

3. Solaris

whole day commands executed by particular user

Hi all I want to know the commands executed a by particular user .. for the whole day on my machine. I have checked out with the commad $lastcomm <user> It is throwing an error called: .. /var/adm/pacct: No such file or directory Can u help me in this regard.. Thank U Naree (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naree
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does the internal commands are executed?

Hi all, I am new to unix OS. Commands(external commands) given by the user are examined by shell and later executed by kernel. Now I want to know how the internal(built in) commands are executed. Please clarify whether they are executed directly by shell or by kernel. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Viewing the commands executed

Hi, I have executed a set of commands on the linux server and later rebooted the server. Is it possible to get the details of the commands I executed prior to the reboot? If yes please let me know how? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple commands to be executed at the same time

how to execute more than one command at the same time in unix .. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemaa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To inform the executed commands

Dear friends, Whenever I do logout from a session initiated by ssh/su, I need to print a small report which says the login time, logout time, commands got executed.. How can it be done? I know when doing ssh, .profile file will get executed. Shall we do something with the help of it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh

Hi, how to overcome this warning issue. code: #echo 'ls > /home/rxcprod/a.out' | at -q a now warning: commands will be executed using /usr/bin/sh job 1318943704.a at Tue Oct 18 09:15:04 2011 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clearing history of commands executed

Hi, I have cleared the commands by using >$HOME/.sh_history. But if i issue HISTORY it shows some reference numbers but not the commands executed. But i want to truncate those line numbers too. May i know how i can achieve this? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to time stamp executed commands?

Hi guys, I am executing a pretty long ksh script and need to time stamp every command which runs inside. Unfortunatly 'echo date' is not the option here. May be someone knows another way or utility which can be used to log executed command and timestamp next to it. Thanks PS I work in ksh88 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies
uptime(1)						      General Commands Manual							 uptime(1)

NAME
uptime, w - show how long system has been up and/or who is logged in and what they are doing SYNOPSIS
[user] [pset_list]] [user] [pset_list]] DESCRIPTION
prints the current time, the length of time the system has been up, the number of users logged on to the system, and the average number of jobs in the run queue over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the active processors. is linked to and prints the same output as displaying a summary of the current activity on the system. Options and recognize the following options: Print the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the number of users logged on to the system in the first line of the output. The average number of jobs in the core over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the active processors is also printed. When used with the option, the load averages for the processor sets (psets) are calculated on a core basis. Suppress the first line and the heading line. This option should not be used with the option. This option assumes the use of the option to Use long output. This option assumes the use of the option to Print the current time, the length of time the system has been up, and the number of users logged on to the system in the first line of the output. The load averages over the last 1, 5, and 15 minutes for the processor sets (psets) given in the command line, pset_list, are displayed in the subsequent lines. If no arguments are given, the load averages are displayed for all the psets in the system. If pset id of an empty pset is given in the command line, a corresponding message will be displayed. If the kernel does not have the pset capability, gives an error. The option cannot be used along with other options except Use the short form of output for displaying terminal information. The terminal name is abbreviated, and the login time and CPU times are suppressed. Print only the first line describing the overall state of the system. This is the default for the command. Print a summary of the current activity on the system for each user. This is the default for the command. EXAMPLES
The command: produces text resembling the following: depending upon the current status of the system. The command: gives the load average of all the psets in the system. If 0, 94, 95, and 97 are existing psets in the system, the output will look like the following: The command: gives output which looks like the following if 94 and 95 are valid pset ids: The command: gives the load average of the system, producing output resembling the following: The command: gives the load average of all the psets in the system. If 0 and 1 are psets in the system, the output will look like the following: AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley and HP. SEE ALSO
mpctl(2), pset_ctl(2). uptime(1)