Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help With making this script Post 302923162 by tHe666 on Thursday 30th of October 2014 07:41:30 PM
Old 10-30-2014
Thanks Chubler_XL, i dont even know where to begin with this question. I feel like im naked in the cold alone lol. Hope some expert that can guide me with this Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script exectuable

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unix and I just have a question concerning making a script executable without putting the "sh" command before it. In case it makes the difference I am on an Apple computer using the Terminal. Anyway here is the little test code I wrote followed by the commands I took to try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuyoCat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making flags for my script

I have no idea how to make my own flags. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making a tasklog script

I am trying to create a program called tasklog that integrates with one of my online accounts, to keep track of what tasks I have been working on. On login, I'd like it to display (up to) the five most recent entries, then ask me what I plan to work on during the new session. I then will type an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

9. AIX

Making a trace for a script

Hello experts, I'm trying to make a trace (unix log) in hope to see why I have differences in some bases : I putted at the first { and in the last line } > $DATA_SAS 2>&1 Is it a right command ? Do you have another solution ? thank you, regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
RCCONF(8)							 Debian GNU/Linux							 RCCONF(8)

NAME
rcconf - Debian Runlevel configuration tool SYNOPSIS
rcconf [options] DESCRIPTION
Rcconf allows you to control which services are started when the system boots up or reboots. It displays a menu of all the services which could be started at boot. The ones that are configured to do so are marked and you can toggle individual services on and off. Rcconf gets a list of services from /etc/init.d and looks in the /etc/rc?.d directories to determine whether each service is on or off. Rcconf detects ON state by existence of /etc/rc?.d/"S"NNname. If the number(NN of /etc/rc?.d/[SK]NNname) is not 20(default), rcconf saves the service name and the number in /var/lib/rcconf/services so as to be able to restore the service to its original configuration. If you purge rcconf package by 'dpkg --purge' or 'aptitude purge' or others, you may lose off state package due to deletion of /var/lib/rcconf/services. OPTIONS
--help Print out a usage message. --dialog Use dialog command to display menu --whiptail Use whiptail command to display menu --notermcheck Do not set window size by terminal property. --on service[,service,...] Set services to be on. This option enables rcconf in command line mode and no select menu will be displayed. --off service[,service,...] Set services to be off. This option enables rcconf in command line mode and no select menu will be displayed. --list List services which includes current status(on/off). This option enables rcconf in command line mode and no select menu will be displayed. Use --expert option together if you want to list all services. This result can be used as config_file of --config. --config config_file Set services on/off according to config_file. This option enables rcconf in command line mode and no select menu will be displayed. The format of this config file is "service_name on" or "service_name off" in each line. Refer to the result of --list. --expert Show and select all services for experts. In default, rcconf doesn't display system default services as a candidate such as mountall.sh to hide unnecessary services for users(but very important for system). The list of which services are considered expert can be found at the line @expertonly in /usr/sbin/rcconf. --now For each service that had the links changed, call the corresponding /etc/init.d/service-name script using invoke-rc.d, so the package starts or stops immediately. If you do not use this option, the changes will only take effect the next time you reboot (or change runlevel). --verbose Output verbose messages. Guide File Rcconf can display some description(Guide) for each services with Guide File. Guide File is placed on /var/lib/rcconf/guide, and this Guide File does not exist by default. If you want to use Guide, you need to define guides for each services in this file. If you run update-rcconf-guide before rcconf, rcconf can use default guides derived from package description. Update-rcconf-guide generates the file '/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default' from package description(only uses first line of it) using apt-cache. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Updating /etc/rd?.c/ by the package(KNOWN PROBLEM) Rcconf saves /etc/rc?.d/[SK]NNname conditions into /var/lib/rcconf/services. This file is updated only when there exists /etc/rc?.d/SNNname. It means that the condition is not saved if /etc/rc?.d/SNNname doesn't exist for the package. If the old version of the package creates both /etc/rc?.d/SNNname and /etc/rc?.d/KNNname but the newer(updated) version of the package creates only /etc/rc?.d/KNNname, some stupid condition occurs. That is, rcconf displays this package as OFF state even as the updated package doesn't have /etc/rc?.d/SNNname. That is because rcconf can't detect disappearance of /etc/rc?.d/SNNname and previous /etc/rc?.d/SNNname condition remains in /var/lib/rcconf/services for restore. In that situation, remove the entry(corresponding package line) from /var/lib/rcconf/services. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/services The service number data file. /var/lib/rcconf/lock Lock file. /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
update-rc.d(8) update-rcconf-guide(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-11-17 RCCONF(8)