Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help With making this script Post 302923161 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 30th of October 2014 07:33:00 PM
Old 10-30-2014
There is a separate forum for homework and I'm sure Don will fill you in on the rules around this.

As source of some related code have a look the following thread pinned on this forum:
Convert ip ranges to CIDR netblocks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script exectuable

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unix and I just have a question concerning making a script executable without putting the "sh" command before it. In case it makes the difference I am on an Apple computer using the Terminal. Anyway here is the little test code I wrote followed by the commands I took to try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuyoCat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making flags for my script

I have no idea how to make my own flags. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making a tasklog script

I am trying to create a program called tasklog that integrates with one of my online accounts, to keep track of what tasks I have been working on. On login, I'd like it to display (up to) the five most recent entries, then ask me what I plan to work on during the new session. I then will type an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

9. AIX

Making a trace for a script

Hello experts, I'm trying to make a trace (unix log) in hope to see why I have differences in some bases : I putted at the first { and in the last line } > $DATA_SAS 2>&1 Is it a right command ? Do you have another solution ? thank you, regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
PAM-SCRIPT(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     PAM-SCRIPT(7)

NAME
pam-script - a PAM module that can invoke scripts within the PAM stack. SYNOPSIS
pam-script.so [onerr=(success|fail)][dir=/some/path/] DESCRIPTION
pam-script allows you to execute scripts during authorization, passwd changes, and on session opening or closing. Such scripts can perform necessary tasks or influence the outcome of the PAM stack. For example, if the following entry was included in pam.conf sshd auth required pam_script then if the script, pam_script_auth, exits with a non-zero value this would cause the user to be denied SSH access to the machine. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. onerr=(success|fail) the default behavior if the module can not find or execute the script. The default is to fail if the option is not given. dir=/some/path/ where to find the pam-scripts to invoke for each of the various module-types as described below. The default is dir=/usr/share/lib- pam-script if not given. List of scripts pam_script_auth Executed under auth which handles the authentication stage of establishing the user via some challenge-response (i.e. username/pass- word) pam_script_acct invoked under account module-type for non-authentication based account management. pam_script_passwd invoked under passwd for changing the password tokens. pam_script_ses_open invoked when a session is first opened. pam_script_ses_close run after a session is first closed. All the scripts will be passed several environment variables: PAM_USER, PAM_RUSER, PAM_RHOST, PAM_SERVICE, PAM_AUTHTOK, PAM_TTY, and PAM_TYPE referring to the module-type. The pam_script.so arguments in the pam.conf will be passed on the command line, which can be used to modify the script behavior. FILES
/lib/security/pam_script.so - the PAM module /usr/share/libpam-script - where the scripts should be placed by default VERSION
pam-script 1.1.5 SEE ALSO
PAM(7) and the PAM "The System Administrators' Guide" AUTHOR
pam-script was written by Jeroen Nijhof <jeroen@jeroennijhof.nl> with some additions and modifications by R.K. Owen, Ph.D. <rkowen@nersc.gov>. This manual page was written by R.K. Owen <rkowen@nersc.gov>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). August 22, 2007 PAM-SCRIPT(7)