Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help With making this script Post 302923160 by tHe666 on Thursday 30th of October 2014 07:11:29 PM
Old 10-30-2014
This is assignment from my course. The thing is i never learned how to deal with IP addresses in scripting :/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a script exectuable

Hi, I'm pretty new to Unix and I just have a question concerning making a script executable without putting the "sh" command before it. In case it makes the difference I am on an Apple computer using the Terminal. Anyway here is the little test code I wrote followed by the commands I took to try to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BuyoCat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making flags for my script

I have no idea how to make my own flags. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcunn87
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help making a script

Here is what I have: #!/bin/bash # Setup year date and month YR=`date +%Y '{print $6}'` MON=`date +%b '{print $2}'` DAY=`date +%d '{print $3}'` file=$YR$MOY$DOM # clear # Dump database using USER/PASS to ..sql mysqldump --user=me -ppass database > database-db.$file.sql The YR, MON and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: npereira
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

making script

hello experts cany any one help me i want to make one script which can rlogin to another machine . but it should not ask me username/password from me of another machine it should take the username and password from the script only. please help me out. regards, shary (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

making shell script

Hi , I am new to shell scripting I want to make script as to execute followng command mysqldump -u (user name) -p(password) database name>filename.sql this file saves with current date and time and execute automatically at particular time which I give (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making a tasklog script

I am trying to create a program called tasklog that integrates with one of my online accounts, to keep track of what tasks I have been working on. On login, I'd like it to display (up to) the five most recent entries, then ask me what I plan to work on during the new session. I then will type an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santod
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

I could use some help with making a script

I run a small instrument lab. We track our user's time on the instruments with a very manual process of 'last wtmp.1' then cut/paste data into spreadsheets. My boss makes the initial spreadsheets then I convert and format them for uploading into our billing software (COReS). Cores is looking for a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpontius
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making any script executable

Hi all, I'm new to Unix so just wanted some help. I've been self learning and came accross a question online that I was trying. It is to make any shell script executable, the name of the file is to be made executable. I would use nano and type in something like #! /bin/bash Chmod +x... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HelenaR
4 Replies

9. AIX

Making a trace for a script

Hello experts, I'm trying to make a trace (unix log) in hope to see why I have differences in some bases : I putted at the first { and in the last line } > $DATA_SAS 2>&1 Is it a right command ? Do you have another solution ? thank you, regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimob
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help me making this script

This script is executed whenever a new vehicle is added to the cycle-motor park of campus. The script asks for the following information about the car and adds a new line to the vehicle file.txt: name (name of an animal, unique identifier), color, mark, model, type (e.g., electrical, manual),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andre2222
2 Replies
qmail-users(5)							File Formats Manual						    qmail-users(5)

NAME
qmail-users - assign mail addresses to users OVERVIEW
The file /var/lib/qmail/users/assign assigns addresses to users. For example, =joe.shmoe:joe:503:78:/home/joe::: says that mail for joe.shmoe should be delivered to user joe, with uid 503 and gid 78, as specified by /home/joe/.qmail. Assignments fed to qmail-newu will be used by qmail-lspawn to control qmail-local's deliveries. See qmail-newu(8). A change to /var/lib/qmail/users/assign will have no effect until qmail-newu is run. STRUCTURE
/var/lib/qmail/users/assign is a series of assignments, one per line. It ends with a line containing a single dot. Lines must not contain NUL. SIMPLE ASSIGNMENTS
A simple assignment is a line of the form =local:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:ext: Here local is an address; user, uid, and gid are the account name, uid, and gid of the user in charge of local; and messages to local will be controlled by homedir/.qmaildashext. If there are several assignments for the same local address, qmail-lspawn will use the first one. local is interpreted without regard to case. WILDCARD ASSIGNMENTS
A wildcard assignment is a line of the form +loc:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:pre: This assignment applies to any address beginning with loc, including loc itself. It means the same as =locext:user:uid:gid:homedir:dash:preext: for every string ext. A more specific wildcard assignment overrides a less specific assignment, and a simple assignment overrides any wildcard assignment. For example: +:alias:7790:2108:/var/lib/qmail/alias:-:: +joe-:joe:507:100:/home/joe:-:: =joe:joe:507:100:/home/joe::: The address joe is handled by the third line; the address joe-direct is handled by the second line; the address bill is handled by the first line. SEE ALSO
qmail-pw2u(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-lspawn(8) qmail-users(5)