Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Fasta header modification
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Fasta header modification Post 302923148 by Lokaps on Thursday 30th of October 2014 05:27:50 PM
Old 10-30-2014
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work Smilie

In the case of Singh and Akshay, the output is just like file 1 and with Don's code, the output is >--[cov=]

Does it matter if file is a tsv file and not separated by space?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add column header and row header

Hi, I have an input like this 1 2 3 4 2 3 4 5 4 5 6 7 I would like to count the no. of columns and print a header with a prefix "Col". I would also like to count the no. of rows and print as first column with each line number with a prefix "Row" So, my output would be ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulate all rows except header, but header should be output as well

Hello There... I have a sample input file .. number:department:amount 125:Market:125.23 126:Hardware store:434.95 127:Video store:7.45 128:Book store:14.32 129:Gasolline:16.10 I will be doing some manipulations on all the records except the header, but the header should always be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: juzz4fun
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file

I have a fasta file as follows >sp|O15090|FABP4_HUMAN Fatty acid-binding protein, adipocyte OS=Homo sapiens GN=FABP4 PE=1 SV=3 MCDAFVGTWKLVSSENFDDYMKEVGVGFATRKVAGMAKPNMIISVNGDVITIKSESTFKN TEISFILGQEFDEVTADDRKVKSTITLDGGVLVHVQKWDGKSTTIKRKREDDKLVVECVM KGVTSTRVYERA >sp|L18484|AP2A2_RAT AP-2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexypaul
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reformat single-line multi-fasta into multi-line multi-fasta

Input File: >Seq1 ASDADAFASFASFADGSDGFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSD >Seq2 SDASDAQEQWEQeqAdfaasd >Seq3 ASDSALGHIUDFJANCAGPATHLACJHPAUTYNJKG ...... Desired Output File >Seq1 ASDADAFASF ASFADGSDGF SDFSDFSDFS DFSDFSDFSD FSDFSDFSDF SD >Seq2 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shorten header of protein sequences in fasta file to only organism name

I have a fasta file as follows >sp|Q8WWQ8|STAB2_HUMAN Stabilin-2 OS=Homo sapiens OX=9606 GN=STAB2 PE=1 SV=3 MMLQHLVIFCLGLVVQNFCSPAETTGQARRCDRKSLLTIRTECRSCALNLGVKCPDGYTM ITSGSVGVRDCRYTFEVRTYSLSLPGCRHICRKDYLQPRCCPGRWGPDCIECPGGAGSPC NGRGSCAEGMEGNGTCSCQEGFGGTACETCADDNLFGPSCSSVCNCVHGVCNSGLDGDGT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerrild
3 Replies
AMPLICONNOISE(1)					    AmpliconNoise Documentation 					  AMPLICONNOISE(1)

NAME
AmpliconNoise - remove noise from high throughput nucleotide sequence data VERSION
This documentation refers to version 1.22 SYNOPSIS
See /usr/share/doc/ampliconnoise/Doc.pdf.gz for details of how to run. DESCRIPTION
The following tools are included. Most of them have an MPI equivalent, for example SeqNoise has an equivalent SeqNoiseM which can be used with mpirun. FastaUnique - dereplicates fasta file -in string input file name Options: FCluster -in string distance input file name -out string output file stub Options: -r resolution -a average linkage -w use weights -i read identifiers -s scale dist. NDist - pairwise Needleman-Wunsch sequence distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fata file name Options: -i output identifiers Perseus - slays monsters -sin string seq file name Options: -tin string reference sequence file -a output alignments -d use imbalance -rin string lookup file name PyroDist - pairwise distance matrix from flowgrams -in string flow file name -out stub out file stub Options: -ni no index in dat file -rin string lookup file name PyroNoise - clusters flowgrams without alignments -din string flow file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -ni no index in dat file -s double precision -rin file lookup file name SeqDist - pairwise distance matrix from a fasta file -in string fasta file name Options: -i output identifiers -rin string lookup file name SeqNoise - clusters sequences -in string sequence file name -din string distance matrix file name -out string cluster input file name -lin string list file Options: -min mapping file -v verbose -c double initial cut-off -s double precision -rin string lookup file name SplitClusterEven -din string dat filename -min string map filename -tin string tree filename -s split size -m min size AUTHOR
All software by Chris Quince (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk) This manpage by Tim Booth (tbooth@ceh.ac.uk) LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2009 (quince@civil.gla.ac.uk). All rights reserved. Released under the Lesser GPL. Permission is granted for anyone to copy, use, or modify these programs and documents for purposes of research or education, provided this copyright notice is retained, and note is made of any changes that have been made. perl v5.12.4 2011-04-28 AMPLICONNOISE(1)