Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Implement inter vlan routing with Linux Post 302922939 by blackrageous on Wednesday 29th of October 2014 10:04:23 AM
Old 10-29-2014
Can the hosts get beyond the router. Can anything ping the router (icmp protocol)?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

NAT Routing in linux

How to use NAT Router in linux Redhat 6 ? and what packages and configuration are required ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salhoub
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Setting Up Routing In Linux Redhat 9 Help

:mad: I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Linux Routing Help

I have just recently got into using Linux RedHat 9. So far I love it, I have set it up on a server I am running. Right now I have set up Samba and am running a file server for my house. I have four computers, the linux box is connected to the internet through a switch I have. There are two NICS in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xTHESEUSx
1 Replies

4. Linux

linux routing

how i add new routes to my linux machine (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: youmna
1 Replies

5. Linux

Routing in Linux

Hello All, I know it's a tricky probably stupid question but I'm stuck.... :( Is there any way to route different protocols through different eth cards for the same destination in Linux? With route add or something like it? For instance: FTP to/from 192.168.1.1 goes through eth0 - gw2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pmpx
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

network segment use vlan, linux vconfig and AT-GS950

Dear all, I have a Allied Telesyn AT-GS950 16 port switch. All hosts&router have rtl8139 NICs. OS : Slackware linux 12.1. I use a switch with vlan technique to separate my network to some segment. here my plan: router eth0 ---> switch port 1 switch port 5 <--- eth0 host A switch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: penyu
1 Replies

7. Linux

How to implement a system call in linux?

I encountered a variety of difficulties when implementing a system call as simple as HelloWorld example in Linux so far. Firstly, according to the book "Linux Kernel Development Second Edition", I tried to implement a syscall in 2.6.31 but no way absolutely because 2.6.10 has a very different way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnyhay
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

How to implement TIOCOUTQ for USB modem on Linux Ubuntu

Hi, I need to override ioctl operation for a few USB drivers (sierra, option, cdc-acm) on Linux Ubuntu 2.6.34sb2 to support TIOCOUTQ command. Unfortunately, none of the drivers I mentioned above support TIOCOUTQ because it seems unclear to know amount of data inside a modem. Does Linux... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SDoroshenko
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux - how to turn on the the RIP (dynamic routing)

(3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

10. IP Networking

Linux bridge routing failing on Proxmox3.2/Debian7.0

I am having problems configuring bridged networking on Proxmox3.2/Debian7.0 I have 2 bridges - vmbr0 and vmbr1. I want to attach a gateway/firewall running in a virtual machine between the 2 and use it to connect out to the WAN through vmbr0. I have removed the IP, mask and gateway from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: OSSVirt
0 Replies
defaultrouter(4)						   File Formats 						  defaultrouter(4)

NAME
defaultrouter - configuration file for default router(s) SYNOPSIS
/etc/defaultrouter DESCRIPTION
The /etc/defaultrouter file specifies a IPv4 host's default router(s). The format of the file is as follows: IP_address ... The /etc/defaultrouter file can contain the IP addresses or hostnames of one or more default routers, with each entry on its own line. If you use hostnames, each hostname must also be listed in the local /etc/hosts file, because no name services are running at the time that defaultrouter is read. Lines beginning with the ``#'' character are treated as comments. The default routes listed in this file replace those added by the kernel during diskless booting. An empty /etc/defaultrouter file will cause the default route added by the kernel to be deleted. Use of a default route, whether received from a DHCP server or from /etc/defaultrouter, prevents a machine from acting as an IPv4 router. You can use routeadm(1M) to override this behavior. FILES
/etc/defaultrouter Configuration file containing the hostnames or IP addresses of one or more default routers. SEE ALSO
in.rdisc(1M), in.routed(1M), routeadm(1M), hosts(4) SunOS 5.10 17 Aug 2004 defaultrouter(4)