Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change directory shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change directory shell Post 302922812 by Corona688 on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 12:17:14 PM
Old 10-28-2014
I knew it the instant I saw your garbled error messages. They are garbled because the \r is sending the cursor to the beginning of the line without sending it down one line, causing partial overwrites.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory

hi, Iam in directory A. I run a script from there. inside the script i have a command cd B. When i come out of the script directory is A only. Even when i come out scrip i want the directory to be B How to achieve (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkan
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

change directory using shell script

How do u change ur directory using a shell script?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
0 Replies

3. Linux

Change directory in a shell script

How do u change ur directory using a shell script?? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Directory

I have a directory that is existing under my root dir of the FTP server. The DIR name is 'Software Patch'. I want to move in to that DIR to download some patches. But, when I issued a command 'cd SOftware Patch', the system said that it cannot find the dir 'Software'. I tried all possible ways like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory change in shell script

Hi, I am trying to change the directory in my script, & want to check if the directory is present or not . Ex: cd /home/xyz/temp/logs if the logs directory is not present i want to show the error in script instead of shell script error. Can anybody please help me on the same Thx in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vls1210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a directory in shell script?

HI, I need to change the working directory by using the shell script /Export/home/user_name I have to go one step back like /Export/home Please help on this.:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change database directory to another directory?

Hi, I Installed mysql on my CentOS 6.2 Server. But when I tried to change the location of /var/lib/mysql to another directory. I can't start the mysql. Below is what I've done yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel mkdir /path/to/new/ cp -R /var/lib/mysql /path/to/new chown -R... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ganitolngyundre
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command

I am trying to do the following task : export ENV=aaa export ENV_PATH=$(cd /apps | ls | grep $ENV) However, it's not working. What's the way to change to directory and search some file in that directory in single command Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change Directory

Hi All, There is a code like below in my script ############################################### ###Create Directories and Sub-Directories ############################################### dpdir=DP_FROM_${from}_TO_${to} mkdir $dpdir cd $dpdir mkdir AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change directory within a bash shell script

Hi, I have been trying to execute the below command by changing directory and then copying contents of one directory to another by doing some file name manipulations in between. However this isnt working since as soon as the statement completes it goes back to the original folder. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikingLife
5 Replies
PCAP_INJECT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    PCAP_INJECT(3)

NAME
pcap_inject, pcap_sendpacket - transmit a packet SYNOPSIS
#include <pcap/pcap.h> int pcap_inject(pcap_t *p, const void *buf, size_t size); int pcap_sendpacket(pcap_t *p, const u_char *buf, int size); DESCRIPTION
pcap_inject() sends a raw packet through the network interface; buf points to the data of the packet, including the link-layer header, and size is the number of bytes in the packet. Note that, even if you successfully open the network interface, you might not have permission to send packets on it, or it might not sup- port sending packets; as pcap_open_live() doesn't have a flag to indicate whether to open for capturing, sending, or capturing and sending, you cannot request an open that supports sending and be notified at open time whether sending will be possible. Note also that some devices might not support sending packets. Note that, on some platforms, the link-layer header of the packet that's sent might not be the same as the link-layer header of the packet supplied to pcap_inject(), as the source link-layer address, if the header contains such an address, might be changed to be the address assigned to the interface on which the packet it sent, if the platform doesn't support sending completely raw and unchanged packets. Even worse, some drivers on some platforms might change the link-layer type field to whatever value libpcap used when attaching to the device, even on platforms that do nominally support sending completely raw and unchanged packets. pcap_sendpacket() is like pcap_inject(), but it returns 0 on success, rather than returning the number of bytes written. (pcap_inject() comes from OpenBSD; pcap_sendpacket() comes from WinPcap. Both are provided for compatibility.) RETURN VALUE
pcap_inject() returns the number of bytes written on success and -1 on failure. pcap_sendpacket() returns 0 on success and -1 on failure. If -1 is returned, pcap_geterr() or pcap_perror() may be called with p as an argument to fetch or display the error text. SEE ALSO
pcap(3), pcap_geterr(3) 5 April 2008 PCAP_INJECT(3)