Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help in viewing the junk character Post 302922768 by RudiC on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 08:37:05 AM
Old 10-28-2014
Why don't you post the output of od -c or even od -tx1c of that file?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Get rid of junk character in a file

I have a file with one of the following lines, when opened with vi 33560010686GPT£120600GBPGBP10082007DS In the above line, I want to get rid of the junk character before the £ (pound sysmbol). When I tried copying £ from windows and copy in unix vi, it prints as £ and I tried pattern replace... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskworld
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove junk (^Ò) character while FTPing

Hi All, I have been trying to FTP some data files from Windows directory to a UNIX server. The txt file in the windows contails the following data: "111~XYZ~1~Contact person’s phone number~COMMENTS~~~~" but the same line is appearing as "111~XYZ~1~Contact person^Òs phone number~COMMENTS~~~~"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkumbhakarna
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk Character in file

Hi set filename "./GopiRun.sh" if } err] { writeLog "error in exec " writeLog $a } else { writeLog $a } The above code will execute a file GopiRun.sh,and will log the output of the exec to a file. The problem is the file has lot of junk character in it,how to avoid it. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove all JUNK character from file.

Hi Team, I have a file having size greater than 1 GB. What i want to do is to check if it contains any JUNK character (ie any special charater thats not on the key board stroke). This file has 532 column & seperated with ^~^. I have found some solution from the file, but it is for a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk Character appended at the end of a line

Hi All I have a rather unusual problem, which i have not faced till now. I have a script which exports some paths to a text file. The script runs fine but when i check the output file i can see some junk characters ^M appended at end of lines and random places. I am not able to figure... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghu_shekar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check Junk character in sql file

Hello, I have two .sql files which I transferred from Windows to Unix (Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.3).I want to ensure that these two files have no junk characters in them.How do I do it in the simplest possible way? Many thanks DJ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Digjoy83
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing of junk character

Dear ALL, How to remove junk charecter ^M from unix file i am using sun solaris unix. I already tried few commands :%s/^M//g :%s/r//g but it didnt helped me. Any help appriciated. Thanks Ripudaman Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to see junk character in file in.?

Hi I want to know how to see junk character in a file. i am not able to see junk character using vi or cat command. below is the junk char . which i see in host file 10.178.14.67▒▒▒ ac01sp02-vip actually it should be like this 10.178.14.67 ac01sp02-vip i am using secure CRT... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Junk character appearing after downloading the file from windows server

Hello, Im downloading the file from windows server through FTP, the downloaded file is containing some junk character at very start of the file as below and causing my whole script is to fail, how to download without junk or how to remove these before processing it? ▒▒"nmdbfnmdsfsdf" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
19 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)