Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How do I list all the files in Solaris which are ^M chars in it? Post 302922720 by msgforsunil on Tuesday 28th of October 2014 12:47:55 AM
Old 10-28-2014
How do I list all the files in Solaris which are ^M chars in it?

How do I list all the files in Solaris which are ^M chars in it?

Tried the below, which didnt help
Code:
find . -type f -name "*" -exec file "{}" \; | grep -c CRLF

find . | xargs grep -l "\^M"

Thank you,
Sunil Kumar

Last edited by Don Cragun; 10-28-2014 at 02:52 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing non-printable chars from multiple files

How do I remove non-printable characters from all txt files and output the results to one file? I've tried the following: tr -cd '\n' < *.txt > out.txt and it gives ambiguous redirect error. How can I get it to operate on all txt files in the current directory and append the output to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: revax
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files in FTP prompt pagewise in solaris?

Hi, I have a solaris system with only ftp access.Need to get the list of files page wise display.. Also would like to redirect output of "ls" command to a text file in same directory. Can anyone suggest me the sollution for this? Rakesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakesh_noronha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regexp: match string that contains list of chars

Hi, I'm curious about how to do a very simple thing with regular expressions that I'm unable to figure out. If I want to find out if a string contains 'a' AND 'b' AND 'c' it can be very easily done with grep: echo $STRING|grep a|grep b|grep c but, how would you do that in a single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimcanoa
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files which access before 2 hours in solaris

Hi Friends, I want to the list the files in the folder which was access before 2 hours in Solaris. Thanks in advance...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natraj005
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of important config files in solaris 10

Hi all, I am going to reitre one solaris 10 server soon. What are the important config files to backup in case if i want to check how this system was setup (need list in general) ? Thanks! in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename and add chars to multiple files at once

i have a little over 100 files named page1.jpg through page106.jpg. How can I rename them all to remove the page word and add 00 in front of the remaining numbers? I realize this might be multiple commands but cp page*.jpg *.jpg didn't work like I thought it would. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zimmerru
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safely Remove Files with Special Chars

Hey Guys, I'm swamped writing code for the forums: Could someone write a script or command line to safely delete files with special chars in filenames from a directory: Example: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148 Apr 30 23:00 ?xA?? -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
ZGREP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep, zegrep, zfgrep -- print lines matching a pattern in gzip-compressed files SYNOPSIS
zgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [files ...] zegrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] zfgrep [grep-flags] [--] pattern [file ...] DESCRIPTION
zgrep runs grep(1) on files or stdin, if no files argument is given, after decompressing them with zcat(1). The grep-flags and pattern arguments are passed on to grep(1). If an -e flag is found in the grep-flags, zgrep will not look for a pattern argument. zegrep calls egrep(1), while zfgrep calls fgrep(1). EXIT STATUS
In case of missing arguments or missing pattern, 1 will be returned, otherwise 0. SEE ALSO
egrep(1), fgrep(1), grep(1), gzip(1), zcat(1) AUTHORS
Thomas Klausner <wiz@NetBSD.org> BSD
December 28, 2003 BSD