Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Httpd service not starting... Error "Documentroot must be a directory" Post 302922489 by Aia on Saturday 25th of October 2014 12:51:28 PM
Old 10-25-2014
Actually, if Selinux is enforcing, all that is needed is restorecon since /var/www/html is included in the policy already.
Code:
restorecon -R -v /var/www/html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get two strings ending with "." and starting with "."

Hi all, In unix shell, I want to get two strings ending with "." and starting with "." from a string "chan.txt" For example, a string "chan.txt". The first string is "chan" The second string is "txt" Yours Wilson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to "find" a matching array element in a directory

Hi, I have defined an array which holds a couple of elements which are nothing but files names. I want to find the files in a directory for the matching file name(array elements) with less than 1 day old. When I am trying to execute the code (as below), it gives an error. Your help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
samba_selinux(8)					Samba Selinux Policy documentation					  samba_selinux(8)

NAME
samba_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for Samba DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the Samba server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files other than home directories, those files must be labeled samba_share_t. So if you created a special directory /var/eng, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t samba_share_t /var/eng To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t samba_share_t "/var/eng(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/eng(/.*)? system_u:object_r:samba_share_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/eng/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for samba you would execute: setsebool -P allow_smbd_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. So by default SELinux policy turns off SELinux sharing of home directories and the use of Samba shares from a remote machine as a home directory. If you are setting up this machine as a Samba server and wish to share the home directories, you need to set the samba_enable_home_dirs boolean. setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs 1 If you want to use a remote Samba server for the home directories on this machine, you must set the use_samba_home_dirs boolean. setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1 system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), samba(7), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 samba_selinux(8)