Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Httpd service not starting... Error "Documentroot must be a directory" Post 302922394 by atanubanerji on Friday 24th of October 2014 10:57:01 AM
Old 10-24-2014
Httpd service not starting... Error "Documentroot must be a directory"

I am working with CentOS 6.5.
Indeed the document root /var/www/html is a directory and it is a mount point of one file system (not NFS)
I observed, if I unmount that file system, I could able to start httpd.

Is it restricted in CentOS 6.X that the Documentroot can not be a mount point? Whether we can set one particular directory the documentroot for http even if the directory is a mount point?

Please advice/help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get two strings ending with "." and starting with "."

Hi all, In unix shell, I want to get two strings ending with "." and starting with "." from a string "chan.txt" For example, a string "chan.txt". The first string is "chan" The second string is "txt" Yours Wilson (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wilsonchan1000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error to "find" a matching array element in a directory

Hi, I have defined an array which holds a couple of elements which are nothing but files names. I want to find the files in a directory for the matching file name(array elements) with less than 1 day old. When I am trying to execute the code (as below), it gives an error. Your help in this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkbaral
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

"service" , "process" and " daemon" ?

Friends , Anybody plz tell me what is the basic difference between "service" , "process" and " daemon" ? Waiting for kind reply .. .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

"directory checksum error" when attempting to install tcl

OS: HP-UX Programs I want to install: expect and tcl I'm lost. I bought the book. I began reading the book. I want to install expect. I've been able to download the .z, and extract it successfully. But, of course, it apparently needs tcl and possibly tk also, and ... I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: instant000
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix commands delete all files starting with "X" except "X" itself. HELP!!!!?

im a new student in programming and im stuck on this question so please please HELP ME. thanks. the question is this: enter a command to delete all files that have filenames starting with labtest, except labtest itself (delete all files startign with 'labtest' followed by one or more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soccerball
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than "x" if directory size is greater than "y"

I wrote a script to delete files which are older than "x" days, if the size of the directory is greater than "y" #!/bin/bash du -hs $1 while read SIZE ENTRY do if ; then find $1 -mtime +$2 -exec rm -f {} \; echo "Files older than $2 days deleted" else echo "free Space available"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesCarter
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)