Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk and sed to modify a create sql script Post 302922374 by RudiC on Friday 24th of October 2014 07:15:52 AM
Old 10-24-2014
Not considering shamrock's valuable remark, give this a try:
Code:
awk     '       {n=split ($2,T,",")
                 FN=$1".sql"
                 FC=0
                 while (1 == getline < FN)
                        {FC++
                         found=0
                         for (i=1; i<=n;i++)
                                {if (FC==2)  print T[i], "bigint"
                                 found += ($0 ~ T[i])
                                }
                         if (!found) print
                        }
                }
        ' FS="|" file
create table claim_src {
clm_id bigint
typ_id bigint
name varchar(30)
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed modify problem in script

I am having problems with the following "sed" command only when it is issued within a bash script. #!/bin/bash cat config.xml | sed -e 's/yes/no/g' > newconfig.xml When I enter this command from the command line it works like a charm, but when run in a script as shown it "zero's out" my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: darthur
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify and use awk sed program

The following awk script creates a file b.dat. awk '{print substr($0,1,27),substr($2,index($2,"_")+1)," ",substr($0,49)}' a.dat > b.dat I need this script to be modified to also sum $3 values by distinct $1 and $2 fields. Current file W2_2009275 2 8 W2_2009275 2 7 W1_2009275 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnarendra
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed or Awk for modify hour in a crontab AIX

Hi, I want to modifiy the hour in the crontab AIX 5.3 for this line: Input: 00 22 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 Output: 30 20 * * * /outillage/script_exploit/bin/SavOffline.ksh > /dev/null 2>&1 With the awk or sed function through a ssh -q... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrap lines with awk to create SQL script

Greetings! Some of my files list hardware errors (we test electronic components), some have none. If the file name has no errors, I still want to display a message like "No error", else I display the error from the file itself. I came up with this (with help) for myfile in `find . -name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify sed script

I'm trying to take out strings from log files and add them to a csv. For example, in the directory now, there are 2 log files. I get the following results: sed -e '/custodian/b' -e '/packaged by/b' -e '/package name/b' -e '/Total Data (MB) Read/b' -e '/Begin Time/b' -e d * packaged by =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipperuga
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify the file with awk,sed or perl

Hi All, I need help from any of you.Would be so thankful for your help. I/P DDDD,1045,161,1557,429,1694,800,1911,1113,2460,1457,2917> 1609,3113,1869,3317,2732,3701,3727,4132,5857,5107> 9004,6496 DDDD,1125,157,1558,429,1694,800,1911,1117,2432,1444,2906>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify xml using sed or awk

Hi All, I want to modify(changing the status from "on" to "off" status of Stage-element value from the below xml file using sed or awk: File Name: global.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <config> <widget> <name>HTTP-POOL</name> <attributes> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wamqemail2
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
GETLINE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							GETLINE(3)

NAME
getline, getdelim - delimited string input SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> ssize_t getline(char **lineptr, size_t *n, FILE *stream); ssize_t getdelim(char **lineptr, size_t *n, int delim, FILE *stream); DESCRIPTION
getline() reads an entire line, storing the address of the buffer containing the text into *lineptr. The buffer is null-terminated and includes the newline character, if a newline delimiter was found. If *lineptr is NULL, the getline() routine will allocate a buffer for containing the line, which must be freed by the user program. Alter- natively, before calling getline(), *lineptr can contain a pointer to a malloc()-allocated buffer *n bytes in size. If the buffer is not large enough to hold the line read in, getline() resizes the buffer to fit with realloc(), updating *lineptr and *n as necessary. In either case, on a successful call, *lineptr and *n will be updated to reflect the buffer address and size respectively. getdelim() works like getline(), except a line delimiter other than newline can be specified as the delimiter argument. As with getline(), a delimiter character is not added if one was not present in the input before end of file was reached. RETURN VALUE
On success, getline() and getdelim() return the number of characters read, including the delimiter character, but not including the termi- nating null character. This value can be used to handle embedded null characters in the line read. Both functions return -1 on failure to read a line (including end of file condition). ERRORS
EINVAL Bad parameters (n or lineptr is NULL, or stream is not valid). EXAMPLE
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(void) { FILE * fp; char * line = NULL; size_t len = 0; ssize_t read; fp = fopen("/etc/motd", "r"); if (fp == NULL) exit(EXIT_FAILURE); while ((read = getline(&line, &len, fp)) != -1) { printf("Retrieved line of length %zu : ", read); printf("%s", line); } if (line) free(line); return EXIT_SUCCESS; } CONFORMING TO
Both getline() and getdelim() are GNU extensions. They are available since libc 4.6.27. SEE ALSO
read(2), fopen(3), fread(3), gets(3), fgets(3), scanf(3) GNU
2001-10-07 GETLINE(3)