Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Memset fails on Solaris
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Memset fails on Solaris Post 302922322 by DGPickett on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 05:08:52 PM
Old 10-23-2014
Might go haywire if called with n loaded from negative integer ( -1 = 0xFFFFFFFF )?
Code:
void *memset( void *dst, int c, size_t n ){

char *d = dst;

while ( n ) {
         --n ;
         *d  =  c  ;
         d++ ;
     }

return dst;
 }

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris 2.6 exec login fails

Ladies and Gentlemen; I need your help in determining what has happened to one of my companies systems. Here is the scenario: System Ultra 5 with Solaris 2.6 and the latest patch cluster installed. Third party security person "hardened" the system yesterday.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
2 Replies

2. Programming

about memset fuction

Dear all, In my code,i am planning to use memset function to re-initialise an array before populating it everytime. Will using memset function be an overload to the program? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@chn
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd fails when installing Solaris 8 patches

Hi, guys ! I usually run this task without even thinking on outcome, because it never failed. But this time when I tried installation of patches for Solaris 8 OS on my old machine, I received this message: "pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </var/spool/pkg>" I compared the contents... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deicide5997
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

questions in memset

HI all , please find the piece of code below char *t; char *f; char buf; memset(buf,0,50); after that i am assigning memory for (i=0; i<100; i++) { t = buf+(i*6); f = "ARUN"; } my question .. 1) i have run this it is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memset vs calloc

Dear Friends, Can any one tell me the difference between memset and calloc function in C. Regards, Selvi (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: salvi
7 Replies

6. Solaris

ldap client fails to start under solaris 10

I have an issue here with ldap client. It stoped and won't start. What I have got: sadm $ tail /var/adm/messages Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 Mesg: Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' (''). Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 install fails on sparc

I'm trying to do an upgrade/install from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 on a SUN Sparc system. I halt the system, as documented, but when I attempt to boot off the distribution DVD; i.e. halt : : OK> boot cdrom The system indicates that the device is 'unrecognizable' These are SUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagtek
5 Replies

8. Programming

C bzero() to memset() issue

Hi guys, my tool works fine in gentoo, ubuntu now im trying to port it to windows but bzero/bcopy I read aren't working on windows and for better portability I should of use memset() so im trying to translate bzero(buffer,256);in printf("MAIL TO"); strcpy(buffer, rcp); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jess83
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris: clnt_create fails on solaris x86

Hi, I am facing an issue with Solaris x86 machine Machine Details: uname -a SunOS sol10-64 5.10 Generic_137138-09 i86pc i386 i86pc .............................. Description: I am trying to register a programm with proramm ID 300760 with version number 1, and tryint to create a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DivakarAdari
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk works on Linux but fails on Solaris

On linux i have the below command working fine. awk '/<app-deploy>/{A=1;++i} /<\/app-deploy>/{print >> "found"i".tmp";A=0} A{;print >> "found"i".tmp"}' deploy.xml But the same is failing on Solaris Output: awk: syntax error near line 1 awk: bailing out near line 1 uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)