Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch or not if/then
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch or not if/then Post 302922315 by cmccabe on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 04:33:34 PM
Old 10-23-2014
Code:
 #!/bin/bash
while true
do
        printf "Is this a batch :"
while read id
do
        case "$id" in
        [yY]) echo perl -ne 'chomp; system ("perl table_annovar.pl $_ humandb/ -buildver hg19 -protocol refGene,popfreq_all,common,clinvar,clinvarsubmit,clinvarreference -operation g,f,f,f,f,f -otherinfo")' < file.txt 
                ;;
        [nN]) # code for X
                printf "Enter ID  : " ; read id
                [ -z "$id" ] && break
                [ "$id" = "end" ] && break
                echo perl table_annovar.pl ${id}_matched.avinput humandb/ -buildver hg19 -protocol refGene,popfreq_all,common,clinvar,clinvarsubmit,clinvarreference -operation g,f,f,f,f,f -otherinfo
                ;;
        end)  break ;;
        *)     ;; # Unknown option, do nothing
		esac

done

Code:
  bash ~/test.sh
/home/cmccabe/test.sh: line 22: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I have to get out of the habit of using a windows editor (I do that a lot), why is there a second
Code:

. The program is written in perl and I am using a shell to make it easier for others to use. Thanks Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename in batch

example test1 will have m1234567.12a I would like to rename in batch but I don't Please help me on this. cd /a1/a2/a3 test1=$(basename /a1/a2/a3/*.*) >> /tmp/t echo $test1 echo "Extracting 8 th position" >> /tmp/t2 awk '{print substr($1,8,1); }' $test1 >> /tmp/t3 echo "extraction ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kathy18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Batch command

Hi All I have a need due time constraint to issue the mail command in background. I have a script that sends a message to a mail address as follows :- echo "$MLINE" | mail -s "$HOST - $TEXT" name@co.com & The script runs frequently and I check to see if the script is active and if it is , it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

4. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

batch renaming ...

hi all, given a path, for example : /<pwd>/artist/album/ what i would like to do is to rename the album directory like that : /<pwd>/artist/artist | album/ and i would like to do the latter for all the "artist" directories and for all the "album" directories that belong to an artist ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

help with batch script

I have a file named xyz.txt with the contents eg: abc/pluto/tag/ver_1.0(b0123) abc/pippo/tag/ver_1.0(b0124) . and so on I need a script which read one by one the enteries from the file xyz.txt create folders pluto/ver_1.0(b0123) and pippo/ver_1.0(b0124) ans so on and run a command svn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerd1976
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH batch help

Dear Gurus, I had hundreds of equipments which i can only use SSH to login and retrieve informations. Thus, how should i do that? eg:ssh batch @ echo off ssh <server1>@10.168.1.1 ECHO testing1 exit ssh <server2>@10.168.1.2 ECHO testing2 exit Can the above method used? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch code

Hi Friends, I have a script like this cat script #!/bin/bash #Name: name #Task: name #$ -e /path/to/error/logfile/err.log #$ -o /path/to/output/logfile/out.log I have a list of commands like this cat commands cat 1.txt > 2.txt cat 23.bed > 789.alm zcat 1.gz > 1.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies
ZHCON(1)							    User Manual 							  ZHCON(1)

NAME
zhcon - fast CJK console environment for GNU/Linux and BSD SYNOPSIS
zhcon [OPTIONS]... [FILES]... DESCRIPTION
Zhcon is a fast Linux console system which supports framebuffer device. It can display Chinese, Japanese and Korean double byte characters. Supported encodings are: GB2312, GBK, BIG5, JIS and KSC. It can also use input methods (table based) from MS pwin98 and UCDOS for MS-DOS. -h, --help Print help and exit -V, --version Print version and exit --utf8 use iconv filter to convert UTF-8 stream from/to system encoding (default=off) --drv=STRING specify video driver (auto, fb, ggi, vga) (default=`auto') If a program name is given as a command line argument, zhcon will run this program on start instead of a shell, and quit when the program exits. For example: zhcon screen will run screen in zhcon insteal of default user shell. CONFIGURATION FILE
On startup, zhcon first try to load configuration from ~/.zhconrc. If failed, it will use /etc/zhcon.conf by default. The configure file has many options that can be used to control the behavior of zhcon. See the comments in the file for instruction on customizing zhcon. KEY SUMMAY
CTRL_ALT_H: active online help ALT_SPACE: open/close CJK mode CTRL_SPACE: open/close input method ALT_SPACE: show/hide input bar CTRL_,: toggle Full/Half char mode CTRL_.: toggle Chinese symbol CTRL_F1: set encode to GB2312 CTRL_F2: set encode to GBK CTRL_F3: set encode to BIG5 CTRL_F4: set encode to JIS CTRL_F5: set encode to KSCM CTRL_F7: toggle between nativebar and overspot input style CTRL_F9: toggle GB2312/BIG5 auto-detect mode CTRL_F10: menu mode CTRL_ALT_1 - CTRL_ALT_9: switch to input method 1 to 9 CTRL_ALT_0: English mode History mode keys: SHIFT_PAGEUP: scroll up half screen in history SHIFT_PAGEDOWN: scroll down half screen in history SHIFT_ARROWUP: scroll up one line in history SHIFT_ARROWDOWN: scroll down one in history SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/zhcon/README.gz, /usr/share/doc/zhcon/manual.ps.gz. AUTHORS
ejoy <ejoy@users.sourceforge.net> Hu Yong <ccpaging@etang.com> Rick Lei <rick@chinaren.com> This manual page was written by Aron Xu <happyaron.xu@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). Fast CJK console environment June 2011 ZHCON(1)