Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Embedding Runtime Search Path into Library on AIX Post 302922279 by DGPickett on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 02:07:48 PM
Old 10-23-2014
How about -Z: IBM Compilers

As I said, for prosaic situations use: $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

On old HPUX, it seems they fuse in the path of every dynamic, so you have to use chattr to strip them out for a user-local install.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

library path

How do you get an application to use an alternate library? Dave:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nucca
2 Replies

2. Linux

Plz Help me to find GNU C++ Runtime Library

Hi, I am working with red hat Linux and i want to install one program but I am getting the error This product requires the GNU C++ Runtime Library (libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3) or later. Your system must be upgraded before installation can proceed. So please tell me how can i remove this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to get the path during runtime?

Hi guys, I have commands like /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk From these two commands, i need to get the directory path value before /VRTS/bin/vxdisk at runtime. e.g /solaris/opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /solaris/opt /opt/VRTS/bin/vxdisk as /opt I have tried with cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Re:How to get the path during runtime?

Thank u vgesh99 It works well.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandagopal
1 Replies

5. AIX

runtime libs accessed by application in AIX

Hi , I need some inputs on runtime or shared libs for an application(s) in AIX . i have a requirement saying i need to rehost all the production applications into new AIX OS . Here Source and target oS is AIX but with different versions so for this i need to identify what are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

6. Programming

Shared library versioning problem at runtime

My executable was linked under RedHat using the LessTif GUI shared library. When I try to run it under UBUNTU, I get an error message that the LessTif library cannot be found. The LessTif library is there, but it is a newer VERSION. My executable is looking for the older version it was linked with.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imagtek
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts, How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS? I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ? thanks in advance. -Mallela (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meetmallela
1 Replies

8. Programming

C++ library path

Hello, How to set up the path for downloaded C/C++ libraries (or, header files) so that they can be included like system headers (stdio.h or iostream)? The libraries/headers are from a package containing different folders each has different sets of headers and put in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX runtime programming issue

I hope my title is accurate enough. I have a product that we port to various UNIX platforms. It is known to run on AIX but using the IBM compiler from years ago. Recently we got a different used AIX P5 platform running AIX 5.3 and we setup the GCC compiler (4.4.5 I think). C and C++ source code.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX full path to socket library

Can somebody help me too identify full path to socket library on AIX? Cannot find anything Thanks for contribution (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
2 Replies
setup.types(5)						      Easy Software Products						    setup.types(5)

NAME
setup.types - epm gui setup types file format. DESCRIPTION
The EPM setup program normally presents the user with a list of software products to install, which is called a "custom" software installa- tion. If a file called setup.types is present in the package directory, the user will instead be presented with a list of installation types. Each type has an associated product list which determines the products that are installed by default. If a type has no products associated with it, then it is treated as a custom installation and the user is presented with a list of packages to choose from. FILE FORMAT
The setup.types file is an ASCII text file consisting of type and product lines. Comments can be inserted by starting a line with the pound sign (#). Each installation type is defined by a line starting with the word TYPE. Products are defined by a line starting with the word INSTALL: TYPE Typical End-User Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help TYPE Typical Developer Configuration INSTALL foo INSTALL foo-help INSTALL foo-devel INSTALL foo-examples TYPE Custom Configuration In the example above, three installation types are defined. Since the last type includes no products, the user will be presented with the full list of products to choose from. SEE ALSO
epm(1) - create software packages setup(1) - graphical setup program for the esp package manager COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1999-2007 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MER- CHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. 3 April 2006 ESP Package Manager setup.types(5)