Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch or not if/then
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Batch or not if/then Post 302922233 by cmccabe on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 11:15:12 AM
Old 10-23-2014
Batch or not if/then

I am having trouble modifying a .sh that allows the user to run different command based of an input. So based on the user input of Y or N a different command is run. Thank you Smilie.

Code:
 #!/bin/bash
while true
do
        printf "Is this a batch  : " ; read id
        [ -z "$id" ] && break
If "$id" = Y, Then
        [ "$id" = "end" ] && break
        perl -ne 'chomp; system ("perl table_annovar.pl $_ humandb/ -buildver hg19 -protocol refGene,popfreq_all,common,clinvar,clinvarsubmit,clinvarreference -operation g,f,f,f,f,f -otherinfo")' < file.txt 
Else
      If "$id" = N, Then 
      printf "Enter ID  : " ; read id
      [ -z "$id" ] && break
      [ "$id" = "end" ] && break
      perl table_annovar.pl ${id}_matched.avinput humandb/ -buildver hg19 -protocol refGene,popfreq_all,common,clinvar,clinvarsubmit,clinvarreference -operation g,f,f,f,f,f -otherinfo
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename in batch

example test1 will have m1234567.12a I would like to rename in batch but I don't Please help me on this. cd /a1/a2/a3 test1=$(basename /a1/a2/a3/*.*) >> /tmp/t echo $test1 echo "Extracting 8 th position" >> /tmp/t2 awk '{print substr($1,8,1); }' $test1 >> /tmp/t3 echo "extraction ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kathy18
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Batch command

Hi All I have a need due time constraint to issue the mail command in background. I have a script that sends a message to a mail address as follows :- echo "$MLINE" | mail -s "$HOST - $TEXT" name@co.com & The script runs frequently and I check to see if the script is active and if it is , it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

4. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

batch renaming ...

hi all, given a path, for example : /<pwd>/artist/album/ what i would like to do is to rename the album directory like that : /<pwd>/artist/artist | album/ and i would like to do the latter for all the "artist" directories and for all the "album" directories that belong to an artist ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

help with batch script

I have a file named xyz.txt with the contents eg: abc/pluto/tag/ver_1.0(b0123) abc/pippo/tag/ver_1.0(b0124) . and so on I need a script which read one by one the enteries from the file xyz.txt create folders pluto/ver_1.0(b0123) and pippo/ver_1.0(b0124) ans so on and run a command svn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nerd1976
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH batch help

Dear Gurus, I had hundreds of equipments which i can only use SSH to login and retrieve informations. Thus, how should i do that? eg:ssh batch @ echo off ssh <server1>@10.168.1.1 ECHO testing1 exit ssh <server2>@10.168.1.2 ECHO testing2 exit Can the above method used? :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymeyaw
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch code

Hi Friends, I have a script like this cat script #!/bin/bash #Name: name #Task: name #$ -e /path/to/error/logfile/err.log #$ -o /path/to/output/logfile/out.log I have a list of commands like this cat commands cat 1.txt > 2.txt cat 23.bed > 789.alm zcat 1.gz > 1.txt (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies
MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)						 1					     MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)

mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select - Find whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server

SYNOPSIS
int mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select (string $query) DESCRIPTION
Finds whether to send the query to the master, the slave or the last used MySQL server. The plugins built-in read/write split mechanism will be used to analyze the query string to make a recommendation where to send the query. The built-in read/write split mechanism is very basic and simple. The plugin will recommend sending all queries to the MySQL replication master server but those which begin with SELECT, or begin with a SQL hint which enforces sending the query to a slave server. Due to the basic but fast algorithm the plugin may propose to run some read-only statements such as SHOW TABLES on the replication master. PARAMETERS
o $query - Query string to test. RETURN VALUES
A return value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER indicates that the query should be send to the MySQL replication master server. The function returns a value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE if the query can be run on a slave because it is considered read-only. A value of MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED is returned to recommend running the query on the last used server. This can either be a MySQL replication master server or a MySQL replication slave server. If read write splitting has been disabled by setting mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, the function will always return MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER or MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select(3) example <?php function is_select($query) { switch (mysqlnd_ms_query_is_select($query)) { case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_MASTER: printf("'%s' should be run on the master. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_SLAVE: printf("'%s' should be run on a slave. ", $query); break; case MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_USE_LAST_USED: printf("'%s' should be run on the server that has run the previous query ", $query); break; default: printf("No suggestion where to run the '%s', fallback to master recommended ", $query); break; } } is_select("INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1)"); is_select("SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"); is_select("/*" . MYSQLND_MS_LAST_USED_SWITCH . "*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL"); ?> The above example will output: INSERT INTO test(id) VALUES (1) should be run on the master. SELECT 1 FROM DUAL should be run on a slave. /*ms=last_used*/SELECT 2 FROM DUAL should be run on the server that has run the previous query SEE ALSO
Predefined Constants, user filter .Runtime configuration, mysqlnd_ms.disable_rw_split, mysqlnd_ms.enable. PHP Documentation Group MYSQLND_MS_QUERY_IS_SELECT(3)