Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with sed/awk command Post 302922214 by RudiC on Thursday 23rd of October 2014 09:30:23 AM
Old 10-23-2014
Please don't source /tmp/$$ but post its contents!

EDIT: Did you remove the spaces from $0 before printing the dictname assignment?

Last edited by RudiC; 10-23-2014 at 10:42 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you know about the Sed and Awk command??

I just need some information on what they can be use for and whatever else there is. anything you know, state here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Sed or AWK command!!!

Hi, I need help with Sed or AWk command.i want to remove all the numerals from the file name.These files are stored within a text file and after the numerals are removed,i need to redirect its output to another new .txt file. Input: aa_1002985_952.xml aa_bb_032207.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for this awk command

Hi what would be the sed equivalent of this awk command: awk '/$getsn/{getline;next}{print}' file It deletes the variable found and the next line after it in a file. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret sed and awk in the below command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:data in tempfile2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK command

Hi All, I have a file which has following lines : - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> I want output like this way in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line - awk, sed

My input file gfile values is CTRY=GM&PROJTYPE=SP&PROJECTTYPE=Small+Project If i am giving PROJECTTYPE then it must give Small Project awk -F"&" '{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i ~ "^"PAT) {sub ("^"PAT"=", "", $i); sed 's/'+'/""/' $i ; print $i }}' PAT=$1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear ALL, I am still struggling with some basic sed operations. I want to change path in a file as shown below: case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s1/case/case.OM' ) to case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s2/case/case.OM' ) In this file there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/awk command

Hi All, This is my first thread. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a csv file, that provides access to managers to a tool. The file is loaded onto our server containing all the assc id's with a trailing comma. For ex: 182950, 123456, However, we receive a file that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek Dubey
8 Replies
DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)                                               Debian Build System                                              DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
dbs-edit-patch - Edit a DBS patch SYNOPSIS
dbs-edit-patch [options] patch dbs-edit-patch -h|--help DESCRIPTION
dbs-edit-patch is script to generate or modify patches for Debian source-packages in DBS format. WARNING
dbs is deprecated, please switch to the `3.0 (quilt)' Debian source package format instead. See http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/Deb- Src3.0#FAQ for a short guide how to do it. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -t dir, --tmpdir=dir Directory for the temporary files, default is /tmp or if set $TMP. -s dir, --sourcedir=dir Top level directory of the debian-package source-tree, default is the present working directory. -P dir, --sourcepatchdir=dir Directory containing upstream patches. -T dir, --sourcetardir=dir Directory containing the upstream tarball. -p level, --strip=level Striplevel -p of patch (Option -p of diff(1)), accepted values are 0 and 1, default is 0. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
TMP Sets the directory for the temporary files, can be overridden with -t dir. debian/vars dbs-edit-patch will automatically use variables defined in the optional debian/vars file. When a file debian/vars.in exists and debian/vars either does not exist or is older than any of the following files: debian/vars.in, debian/changelog, debian/rules or debian/control, then dbs-edit-patch will try updating the vars file by running the following command make -f debian/rules -W debian/vars.in debian/vars EXAMPLES
Edit the 021_debian patch of Heimdal: ~/heimdal-0.3d> dbs-edit-patch -t/tmp 021_debian Extracting source heimdal-0.3d.tar.gz ... successful. Applying patch 001_replay ... successful. etc. Copying heimdal-0.3d to heimdal-0.3d-old ... successful. Applying patch 021_debian ... successful. Edit files under /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d as required, then put a short description into /tmp/021_debian/patch-description if desired, and finally execute /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch to save the results. Technical note: dbs-edit-patch extracts all patches before 021_debian into /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d, copies the result to /tmp/021_debian/heimdal-0.3d-old, and applies the last patch 021_debian (if it exists). Also, it creates a shell script which will create the diff between the old and new directories: ~/heimdal-0.3d> ls -la /tmp/021_debian total 12 -rwxr-xr-x 1 bam users 112 Jan 31 13:31 dbs-update-patch* -rw-r--r-- 1 bam users 0 Jan 31 13:31 patch-description drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d/ drwxr-xr-x 14 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 heimdal-0.3d-old/ drwxr-xr-x 5 bam users 4096 Jan 31 13:31 .stampdir/ ~/heimdal-0.3d> cat /tmp/021_debian/dbs-update-patch #!/bin/sh -e cd "/tmp/021_debian" HOOK_DIR="/usr/src/heimdal/debian/dbs-hooks" test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-prediff find -name "*.bak" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm find -name "*~" -print0 | xargs -0 --no-run-if-empty rm : > new_patch test ! -e patch-description || cp patch-description new_patch diff -ruN heimdal-0.3d-old heimdal-0.3d >> new_patch || test $? -eq 1 mv new_patch /usr/src/heimdal/debian/patches/021_debian test -d "$HOOK_DIR" && run-parts "$HOOK_DIR" --arg update-patch-postdiff SEE ALSO
diff(1), dbs(7), /usr/share/doc/dbs/ AUTHOR
DBS was written by Adam Heath, modified by Ben Collins, modified and packaged for Debian by Brian May. This manpage was generated by Andreas Metzler and modified by Robert Luberda. Debian February 15th, 2011 DBS-EDIT-PATCH(1)