Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Virtual etc interfaces??
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Virtual etc interfaces?? Post 302922154 by xdawg on Wednesday 22nd of October 2014 07:32:06 PM
Old 10-22-2014
Virtual etc interfaces??

So after getting a Nagios plugin up and running that checks certain things including network interfaces, I get an error off the one box I built (as opposed to all of the others that were built by a former employee). The error complains of the "NIC logical group" failing.

All the boxes are HP DL380's with four physical NIC interfaces and an iLO port. For some reason the boxes not built by me all have ifcfg-eth configuration files for eth0 - eth5 (which would be six interfaces). While the machine I build only has eth0 - eth3 which corresponds to the four physical interfaces.

SO, I can assume from the error above, and the fact that eth4 and eth5 are not physical interfaces that they are some kind of logical interfaces configured but I'm not sure where to go from here with my investigation. I'm thinking there is some kind of link aggregation or bonding maybe going on, but not sure how to investigate this in Centos/Linux in general. Smilie

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Differentiating between Virtual and non Virtual IP addresses

Hello, I would like to know if there is a command or any configuration file to find and differentiate the Virtual IP Addresses (of the Cluster Resource Group) and the IP Address of the Cluster Node. I observe that the ifconfig -a command returns all the IP addresses configured on the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vineetd
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Is there any Virtual data center as we have Virtual Machine?

Do we have any Virtual Data Center software as we have Virtual Machine? I want to practice everything of Solaris practically but i don't have resources like data center which includes Servers, Data storages, switches, and other things. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Adding multiple virtual interfaces on a non global zone.

Hello All, I have a requirement to add multiple virtual interfaces on a non-global zone (Solaris 10). The global zone is a 2 node Veritas Cluster Server. So, my question is do we have to make any modifications to the cluster config (which I think should not be the case)? Can anyone help with me... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Have to log out of a virtual terminal twice in order to exit virtual terminals

Not really a newbie, but I have a strange problem and I'm not sure how to further troubleshoot it. I have to log out of a virtual terminal by typing exit, then exit again as in: woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout woodnt@toshiba-laptop ~ $ exit logout I DON'T have to do this when I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Narnie
1 Replies

5. Linux

Routing via several interfaces for hosted virtual machines

My setup consists of a hardware node, which hosts several virtual machines (OpenVZ, to be precise). The hardware node has two network interfaces (<ifA>, <ifB>) connected to different subnets (<networkA>, <networkB>). I want to route the traffic of certain VEs over <ifB> while routing the other VEs... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Interfaces and Virtual-interfaces queries

Hi Al, In course of understanding networking in Solaris, I have these doubts on Interfaces. Please clarify me. I have done fair research in this site and others but could not be clarified. 1. In the "ifconfig -a" command, I see many interfaces and their configurations. But I see many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Virtual Interfaces on Linux

Hi, I have RH Linux system on which we have a 10Gb nic card that we want to configure multiple Virtual interfaces that are all tagged on the switch side. Here is what I am trying to do, I want to have clients from different vlans that are truncked to be able to communicate with my RHEL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2prog
1 Replies
Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)

NAME
Nagios::Plugin::Config - read nagios plugin .ini style config files SYNOPSIS
# Read given nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read( '/etc/nagios/plugins.ini' ); # Search for and read default nagios plugin config file $Config = Nagios::Plugin::Config->read(); # Access sections and properties (returns scalars or arrayrefs) $rootproperty = $Config->{_}->{rootproperty}; $one = $Config->{section}->{one}; $Foo = $Config->{section}->{Foo}; DESCRIPTION
Nagios::Plugin::Config is a subclass of the excellent Config::Tiny, with the following changes: o Repeated keys are allowed within sections, returning lists instead of scalars o Write functionality has been removed i.e. access is read only o Nagios::Plugin::Config searches for a default nagios plugins file if no explicit filename is given to "read()". The current standard locations checked are: /etc/nagios/plugins.ini /usr/local/nagios/etc/plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios /etc/opt/nagios/plugins.ini /etc/nagios-plugins.ini /usr/local/etc/nagios-plugins.ini /etc/opt/nagios-plugins.ini To use a custom location, set a "NAGIOS_CONFIG_PATH" environment variable to the set of directories that should be checked. The first "plugins.ini" or "nagios-plugins.ini" file found will be used. SEE ALSO
Config::Tiny, Nagios::Plugin AUTHORS
This code is maintained by the Nagios Plugin Development Team: <http://nagiosplug.sourceforge.net>. COPYRIGHT and LICENCE Copyright (C) 2006-2007 by Nagios Plugin Development Team This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-03 Nagios::Plugin::Config(3pm)