Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove line containing string and renumber Post 302922146 by LMHmedchem on Wednesday 22nd of October 2014 05:24:04 PM
Old 10-22-2014
I have run into a problem with one of my patterns,
spiro[2,3-dihydrobenzothiazole-2,1'-cyclohexane]

The script doesn't like this because of the unmatched single quote. I have been putting all the patterns in single quotes to deal with special characters. I don't think I can escape this single quote because the strings are single quoted already.

This is the current list of patterns,
Code:
REMOVE_LIST=(
             '(2-iminochromen-3-yl)-N-(4-methoxyphenyl)carboxamide'
             '(4S,5R)-2,4,5-tri(4-pyridyl)-2-imidazoline'
             '[4-(tert-butyl)phenyl]-N-(4-piperidylphenyl)carboxamide'
             '{[(1E)-2-(4-phenylphenyl)-1-azaprop-1-enyl]amino}[(4-methylphenyl)amino]methane-1-thione'
             '1-(4-methylpentyl)-5-(pyrrol-2-ylmethylene)-1,3-dihydropyrimidine-2,4,6-trione'
             '1,2-bis(2,5-dimethyl-3-thienyl)ethane-1,2-dione'
             '1-methyl-2-(3-(2-quinolyl)(4-quinolyl))benzimidazole'
             '2-((1E,4E)-3,5-di(2-thienyl)-2,4-diazapenta-1,4-dienyl)thiophene'
             '2,3,3-trimethyl-3H-pyrrolo[3,2-h]quinoline'
             '2-[6-((4aS,9bR)-2,8-dimethylpiperidino[4,3-b]indolin-5-yl)-6-oxohexyl]benzo[c]azoline-1,3-dione'
             '2-piperidylphenol'
             '3-(2H,3H-benzo[3,4-e]1,4-dioxan-6-ylazamethylene)isoindolylamine'
             '3,4-diphenyl-2-(phenylazamethylene)-1,3-thiazoline'
             '3-[(2,4-dimethylphenyl)amino]-1-phenylpropan-1-one'
             '3-pyridyl_(2E)-3-phenylprop-2-enoate'
             '4-[(2S,6S)-2,6-bis(2-methylprop-2-enyl)-4-1,2,5,6-tetrahydropyridyl]hepta-1,6-dien-4-ylamine'
             '5-acetyl-1,3-diphenyl-2-pyrazoline'
             '5-dodecyl-1,3,5-triazaperhydroine-2-thione'
             '6,9-dimethyl-2,3,4,9-tetrahydro-4aH-carbazol-1-one'
             'bitolterol'
             'ethyl_2-[3-(ethoxycarbonyl)-2-pyridyl]pyridine-3-carboxylate'
             'methyl_3-[(3-imino-2H-benzo[c]azolidinylidene)azamethyl]benzoate'
             'N-[(1-butyl-2-oxobenzo[d]azolin-3-ylidene)azamethyl]-2-(phenylamino)acetamide'
             'spiro[2,3-dihydrobenzothiazole-2,1'-cyclohexane]'
            )

Any ideas about how to deal with this?

LMHmedchem

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Line that contains specific string

I am looking for a way to remove any line in a text file that contains the string "Mac address". I guess you would grep and sed, but I am not sure how to do this. Thanks for you help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CBarraford
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove new line char from a string

Hi Can anyone tell me how can i remove new line character from a string. My requirement is to read a line from a file and store it to a string. read line string1=$line read line string2=$line echo $string1$string2 The result i am getting in different line. i want the output in the same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedivia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove Command-Line Option from String

I want to add a "-r <remote_host>" option to my ksh script, causing the script to run a script of the same name on the specified remote host. The remote invocation should itself include all the command-line options of the original invocation, less the -r option. For example, this invocation: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattmiller
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line based on string and put new line with parameter

Hi Folks, I am new to ksh, i have informatica parameter file that i need to update everyday with shell script. i need your help updating this file with new parameters. sample data $$TABLE1_DATE=04-27-2011 $$TABLE2_DATE=04-23-2011 $$TABLE3_DATE=03-19-2011 .......Highligned... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor369
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last string from each line

I am trying to write a script that will allow me to recursively look at my directories, and output all filenames to a txt document. I am almost finished, however I am hitting one last snag. Here is my script so far: find . | grep .jpg | awk -F"/" '{print $NF}' > output.txtThis will give me an... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Davinator
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last string from last line in a file

Hi, I have a file like : I want to remove last string in last line (here total string is "05550"~). And last line end with ~ character. Output should be : Please help me Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk to remove last character in a line or string

I am outputting a line like this print $2 "/" $4The last character though is a ":" and I want to remove it. Is there any neat way to remove it? Or am I forced to do something like this: print $2 "/" substr($4, 1, length($4) - 1)Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: benalt
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove every line with specific string, and also the one above and below it

I would like to identify every line with a specific string, in this case: "Mamma". I would like to remove that line, and also the line above it and below it. So the below Where are all amazing Flats Look At The Great Big White Hey There Hot Mamma You Are So hot Baby I wish You were Mine... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi remove line range containing a string

In vi I would like to remove a line containing a string. I thought after reading this I could do this. https://www.unix.com/302297288-post3.html :'3560,3572/gcc/d' It keeps complaining vi mark not set. And sometimes it complains E488: Trailing characters. I don't understand what mark... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies
RECEIVE(1)						      General Commands Manual							RECEIVE(1)

NAME
receive - receive files from the sendfile spool SYNOPSIS
receive [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] [ -ffrom ] file [...] receive -n [ -d ] [ -r ] [ -k ] [ -P ] [ -S ] [ -Z spool ] [ -q ] file-number [...] receive [ -s ] [ -l ] [ -L ] [ -R ] [ -ffrom ] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] file [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] [ -f"from" ] -n file-number [...] receive -b user[@host] [ -k ] -a DESCRIPTION
receive files from the sendfile spool which has been sent to you. If there is already a file with the same name you will be prompted for overwriting or renaming. Allowed wildcards in file names are: * ? [abc] [^abc] CAUTION: you have to put wildcards and other special characters in '' quotes to hide them for interpretation by your shell. OPTIONS
-n receive file number(s) -d delete instead of receive -a receive (or delete or bounce) all files -r rename before receiving -k keep files in spool after receiving -P pipe files to stdout -S receive only pgp-signed files -s list files in short format -l list files -L list files and look inside archives, too -R renumber files in spool -b bounce (forward) files to another recipient -q quiet mode: no questions asked -fuser all actions refer only to files from this user -Z spool specify an alternate spool directory EXAMPLES
receive -L list all files in long format. receive 'blubb*' receive all files starting with string "blubb". receive -daf microsoft.com delete all files from microsoft.com sites. receive -b framstag@bofh '*.jpg' bounce all *.jpg-files to framstag@bofh. FILES
/var/spool/sendfile The sendfile spool directory. /var/spool/sendfile/$USER/log A log of the last transfers. /etc/sendfile.deny Users which are not allowed to receive files or messages (set by root). SEE ALSO
sendfile(1). AUTHOR
Ulli Horlacher - framstag@rus.uni-stuttgart.de 3rd Berkeley Distribution RECEIVE(1)