Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tip: file_exists function
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tip: file_exists function Post 302921891 by sea on Monday 20th of October 2014 09:39:05 PM
Old 10-20-2014
EDIT: Nevermind, thats the purpose of your script Smilie

Last edited by sea; 10-20-2014 at 10:51 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

one teaching Tip

Student have huge interest about why so many expert choose use UNIX than MS Windows. I consider that SHARE & OPEN is key point.:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 111000
2 Replies

2. Solaris

tip into 280R

I need to use tip from machine A serial port to machine B serial port. Can someone point me to an example of the correct cable to use? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dangral
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit of a help or just a tip

I am about to do a script that change the COST so i dont need to change each cost. The output looks like this. "OL_ID OL_LINK_COST ----------- ------------ 51 10 52 10 53 10 54 10 55 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

if test -f $file_exists

Hi, I have a wiered problem probably unique to me. if test -f "${LOGDIRE}/Component_Name.sql" then echo "<br>Synchronization success<br>" else echo "<br>Sorry! Synchronizing failed" fi Considering, the file is present always, the above condition returns different outputs in each... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris; tip

plz explain TIP in solaris in detail. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman0931
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regexp tip

Hello, I'm just starting working on it. I'd like to get a tip For istance if I have a file like: a b c d e f .... and I wanna get: 1a & 2b & 3c 0d & 8e & 4f ..... I would like to use sed and come up with a regular expression that works.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search tip.

How do I find a key word in multiple files.. in a directory.. ? cat *.doc | grep -i myword? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamon
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick awk tip :)

how do i "awk" the date after the from only to compare it on a if statement later . filename example: server1-ips-ultranoob-ok_From_2012_21_12-23:40:23_To_2012_21_12-23:49:45.zip what i want o do is compare only the date from the string in "From_2012_21_12" in this case i only want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
4 Replies

9. AIX

[TIP] Migration to POWER8

Read "Migration to POWER8" article to get prepared for migration to POWER8: link removed, advertisement (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pave01
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Tip] A better echo

Often it has been said that echo is neither portable nor correct. Here is an input.txt: line1 line2 -n line4 -en line6 -x line8 Then the following fails with BSD/Linux/bash: while IFS= read line do echo "$line" done < input.txt It is elegantly improved by means of an echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadeInGermany
2 Replies
SIMPLEXML_LOAD_FILE(3)							 1						    SIMPLEXML_LOAD_FILE(3)

simplexml_load_file - Interprets an XML file into an object

SYNOPSIS
SimpleXMLElement simplexml_load_file (string $filename, [string $class_name = "SimpleXMLElement"], [int $options], [string $ns = ""], [bool $is_prefix = false]) DESCRIPTION
Convert the well-formed XML document in the given file to an object. PARAMETERS
o $filename - Path to the XML file Note Libxml 2 unescapes the URI, so if you want to pass e.g. b&c as the URI parameter a, you have to call sim- plexml_load_file(rawurlencode('http://example.com/?a=' . urlencode('b&c'))). Since PHP 5.1.0 you don't need to do this because PHP will do it for you. o $class_name - You may use this optional parameter so that simplexml_load_file(3) will return an object of the specified class. That class should extend the SimpleXMLElement class. o $options - Since PHP 5.1.0 and Libxml 2.6.0, you may also use the $options parameter to specify additional Libxml parameters. o $ns - Namespace prefix or URI. o $is_prefix - TRUE if $ns is a prefix, FALSE if it's a URI; defaults to FALSE. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object of class SimpleXMLElement with properties containing the data held within the XML document, or FALSE on failure. ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS Produces an E_WARNING error message for each error found in the XML data. Tip Use libxml_use_internal_errors(3) to suppress all XML errors, and libxml_get_errors(3) to iterate over them afterwards. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Interpret an XML document <?php // The file test.xml contains an XML document with a root element // and at least an element /[root]/title. if (file_exists('test.xml')) { $xml = simplexml_load_file('test.xml'); print_r($xml); } else { exit('Failed to open test.xml.'); } ?> This script will display, on success: SimpleXMLElement Object ( [title] => Example Title ... ) At this point, you can go about using $xml->title and any other elements. SEE ALSO
simplexml_load_string(3), SimpleXMLElement::__construct, "Dealing with XML errors", libxml_use_internal_errors(3), "Basic SimpleXML usage". PHP Documentation Group SIMPLEXML_LOAD_FILE(3)