Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk truncating first field output? Post 302921864 by jlliagre on Monday 20th of October 2014 03:19:17 PM
Old 10-20-2014
Using an image isn't going to help reproducing your issue, please post "copy-pastable" text.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Truncating a number using sed/awk

Hi all, I'm trying to truncate a number like the following: 0001060407013900501048239559900600504083525826350002050354795057 I would like to create an output which puts carriage returns every so many characters, giving an output such as: 0001 060407 0139 0 05 010482395599 0060... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaeltravisuk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include field in the output filename of awk

Im using awk and I want the output filename to contain the first field of the input file. Ex. 1 dddd wwwww 1 eeeee wwww 1 wwww eerrrr 2 eeee eeeeee I want the output files to be xxx1 and xxx2 Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supressing and replacing the output of a field in Awk

Wondering if anybody can help with changing the output of a field. I'm needing to change the output of a field in this file: User Process ID Time Active Licences Type ChangeAdmin (Phys-agsdev/19353 212), start Wed 1/21 6:30 (linger: 1800) u414013 (Phys-agsdev/19353 1491), start Wed 1/21 12:54... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK to format output based on key field

I have file which contains gene lines something like this Transcript Name GO POPTR_0016s06290.1 98654 POPTR_2158s00200.1 11324 POPTR_0004s22390.1 12897 POPTR_0001s11490.1 POPTR_0016s13950.1 14532 POPTR_0015s05840.1 13455 POPTR_0013s06470.1 12344... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output field delimiter

Dear All, 1.txt (tab in between each value in a line) a b c a b c a c d you can see below, why with ~ i can output with tab, but = cannot? # awk -F'\t' '$2 ~ /b/' 1 a b c a b c # awk -F'\t' '$2 = "b"' 1 a b c a b c a b d ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk is truncating output

Legends, I have 2 files f1 and f2. when i use nawk to compare the difference(subtraction) from 4th column of the file, it truncates the output. can you please help to resolve this. subtraction is (4th col of f1 - 4th col of f2). but it gives only below lines out of 116. I want to print all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk - output field separator

In awk, how do I print all fields with a specified output field separator? I have tried the following, which does not print the output FS: echo a b c d | awk 'BEGIN{OFS = ";"}{print $0}' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk calculation wrong field output

The awk below is close but I can't seem to fix it to produce the desired output. Thank you :). current awk with output awk '{c1++; c2+=($2)} END{for (e in c1) print e, c1, c2}' input EFCAB5 2 50 USH2A 2 19 desired... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to print output based on first field.

Hi Folks, I have one requirement, There is one file, which contains two fields. Based on first field, I need to print an output. Example will be more suitable. Input file like this. abc 5 abc 10 xyz 6 xyz 9 xyz 10 mnp 10 mnp 12 mnp 6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to avoid truncating in ps output ?

Hello, This is Solaris 10 (x86) bash-3.2# cat /etc/release Solaris 10 5/09 s10x_u7wos_08 X86 Copyright 2009 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. Assembled 30 March... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
Label(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Label(3)

NAME
Tk::Label - Create and manipulate Label widgets SYNOPSIS
$label = $parent->Label(?options?); STANDARD OPTIONS
-activebackground -activeforeground -anchor -background -bitmap -borderwidth -compound -cursor -disabledforeground -font -foreground -highlightbackground -highlightcolor -highlightthickness -image -justify -padx -pady -relief -takefocus -text -textvariable -underline -wraplength See Tk::options for details of the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS Name: height Class: Height Switch: -height Specifies a desired height for the label. If an image or bitmap is being displayed in the label then the value is in screen units (i.e. any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels); for text it is in lines of text. If this option isn't specified, the label's desired height is computed from the size of the image or bitmap or text being displayed in it. Name: state Class: State Switch: -state Specifies one of three states for the label: normal, active, or disabled. In normal state the label is displayed using the foreground and background options. In active state the label is displayed using the activeForeground and activeBackground options. In the disabled state the disabledForeground and background options determine how the button is displayed. Name: width Class: Width Switch: -width Specifies a desired width for the label. If an image or bitmap is being displayed in the label then the value is in screen units (i.e. any of the forms acceptable to Tk_GetPixels); for text it is in characters. If this option isn't specified, the label's desired width is computed from the size of the image or bitmap or text being displayed in it. DESCRIPTION
The Label method creates a new window (given by the $widget argument) and makes it into a label widget. Additional options, described above, may be specified on the command line or in the option database to configure aspects of the label such as its colors, font, text, and initial relief. The label command returns its $widget argument. At the time this command is invoked, there must not exist a window named $widget, but $widget's parent must exist. A label is a widget that displays a textual string, bitmap or image. If text is displayed, it must all be in a single font, but it can occupy multiple lines on the screen (if it contains newlines or if wrapping occurs because of the wrapLength option) and one of the characters may optionally be underlined using the underline option. The label can be manipulated in a few simple ways, such as changing its relief or text, using the commands described below. WIDGET METHODS
The Label method creates a widget object. This object supports the configure and cget methods described in Tk::options which can be used to enquire and modify the options described above. The widget also inherits all the methods provided by the generic Tk::Widget class. BINDINGS
When a new label is created, it has no default event bindings: labels are not intended to be interactive. KEYWORDS
label, widget perl v5.12.1 2007-07-30 Label(3)