Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem with my loop and awk script Post 302921779 by RudiC on Monday 20th of October 2014 09:35:53 AM
Old 10-20-2014
Then you have just one block above! The gap is 106338 only...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script loop problem

I am writing a shell script that simulates the `wc -w` command without actually using wc itself. My problem is that the script will only read the first line of the file and just keep looping through it. I have tried both while and for loops and got the same result. Can anyone help? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaxMouse
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk and loop problem

Good morning, Sir's i would like to ask for help regarding to my awk and loop problem, a script that will check my files a and b then if it will see there was a time below 3am it will echo the file that contains below 3am file, for this example it will redirect the file a to an output. $ cat a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in while loop in a script

i have a script that will read each line and then grep a particular pattern and do some_stuff. Below the script while read j do q1=0 q1=`$j | grep 'INFO - LPBatch:' | wc -l` if then $j | tr -s " " | cut -d " " -f8,42,43 >> nav1.txt fi q2=0 q2=`$j | grep 'INFO - Number of Intervals... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with while loop in shell script

Hi All, How to read a file upto last line(End Of Line) I wrote below program: cat R2_20060719.610.txt | while read LINE do echo "$LINE" done above code reading all lines from a file and skipping last line...... is there anything wrong in my code. Please help me out from this... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrgarlapati
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop problem in c shell script

Hi all, i write a script c shell set i = 1 while ( $i <= $#array ) echo "$array" @ i++ end i want to set it to i = i +2 in that statement . Can anybody help me? ---------- Post updated at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:35 PM ---------- anybody not how to solve it??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proghack
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

simple script with while loop getting problem

Hello forum memebers. can you correct the simple while program. #! /bin/ksh count=10 while do echo $count count='expr$count-1' done I think it will print 10 to 1 numbers but it running for indefinite times. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing a search pattern to AWK inside a script loop

Learning, stumbling! My progress in shell scripting is slow. Now I have this doubt: I have the following file (users.txt): AU0909,on AU0309,off AU0209,on AU0109,off And this file (userson.txt) AU0909 AU0209 AU0109 AU0309 I just want to set those users on userson.txt to "off" in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Using If & For loop in AWK Command

I am parsing file for the fields using awk command, first i check 26th field for two characters using substr function if it matches then using for loop on array i search 184th field for 4 chars if it matches then i print the required fields but on execution i get the error, please help...... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siramitsharma
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL script loop problem

I have written the below PERL script to reprocess messages from a failure queue. It basically browses all the messages in the failure queue to individual files in a directory and then scans those files to determine the originating queue. The script will then move each message in turn from the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk: problem for loop through variable

Hi, input: AAA|1 my script (the function is just an example): gawk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"} function repeat(str, n, rep, i){ for(i=1; i<=n; i++) rep=rep str return rep } { variable_1=repeat($1,$2) variable_2=repeat($1,$2+1) variable_3=repeat($1,$2+3) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies
trafgen(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							trafgen(8)

NAME
trafgen - a high-performance zero-copy network packet generator SYNOPSIS
trafgen [-d|--dev <netdev>][-c|--conf <file>][-J|--jumbo-support] [-x|--interactive][-n|--num <uint>][-r|--rand][-t|--gap <usec>] [-S|--ring-size <size>][-k|--kernel-pull <usec>][-b|--bind-cpu <cpu>] [-B|--unbind-cpu <cpu>][-H|--prio-high][-Q|--notouch-irq][-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
A high-performance network traffic generator that uses the zero-copy TX_RING for network I/O. For instance, on comodity Gigabit hardware up to 1,488,095 pps 64 Byte pps have been achieved with trafgen. OPTIONS
trafgen --dev eth0 --conf trafgen.txf --bind-cpu 0 Use packet configuration trafgen.txf, eth0 as transmission device and CPU0 for binding the process. OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -d|--dev <netdev> Device for transmission i.e., eth0. -c|--conf <conf> Path to packet configuration file. -x|--interactive Start trafgen in interactive mode. -J|--jumbo-support Support for 64KB Super Jumbo Frames -n|--num <uint> Number of packets to generate before exiting. 0 means forever until SIGINT. -r|--rand Randomize packet selection process instead of round-robin. -t|--gap <uint> Interpacket gap in microseconds. -S|--ring-size <size> Manually set ring size to <size>: mmap space in KB/MB/GB. -k|--kernel-pull <uint> Kernel pull from user interval in microseconds. Default value is 10 microseconds. -b|--bind-cpu <cpu> Bind to specific CPU (or CPU-range). -B|--unbind-cpu <cpu> Forbid to use specific CPU (or CPU-range). -H|--prio-high Make this high priority process. -Q|--notouch-irq Do not touch IRQ CPU affinity of NIC. EXAMPLES
Generate traffic defined in trafgen.txf on eth0 using CPU 0 trafgen --dev eth0 --conf trafgen.txf --bind-cpu 0 Generate traffic on eth0 using CPU 0, wait 100 us between packets trafgen --dev eth0 --conf trafgen.txf --bind-cpu 0 --gap 100 Generate 100,000 packet on eth0 using CPU 0 trafgen --dev eth0 --conf trafgen.txf --bind-cpu 0 --num 100000 AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 trafgen(8)