Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with kdump scripts
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with kdump scripts Post 302921743 by tejessk on Monday 20th of October 2014 05:24:25 AM
Old 10-20-2014
Help with kdump scripts

Hi I am trying hard to append a configuration file like
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this file
# NOTICE: You have a /boot partition. This means that
# all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
# root (hd0,0)
# kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
# initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (2.6.18-238.el5)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-238.el5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
initrd /initrd-2.6.18-238.el5.img
i am trying to append a word called crashkernel in the line "kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-238.el5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet" as that line is taken from command line parameter.

for eg: if i give -k=crashkernel=512M it should get appended in the above kernel line at the end of the line with double quotes. Please help.

Last edited by tejessk; 10-20-2014 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: i forgot to add that line

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling expect scripts from other expect scripts

Hi, First, let me explain the issue I am trying to solve. We have a lot of expect scripts with the duplicated send/expect commands. So, I'd like to be able to extract the duplicated code into the common scripts that can be used by other scripts. Below is my test where I am trying to call... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: seva
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Profile scripts versus rc scripts....

what is the difference between login and profile scripts versus the rc scripts? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rookie22
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Script using rsh and scripts within scripts

Hi, I've written a script that runs on a Database server. It has to shutdown the Application server, do an Oracle Dump and then restart the Application server. Its been a long time since I wrote any shells scripts. Can you tell me if the scripts that I execute within my script will be executed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brockwile1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts within scripts from cron

Hi all, I have set up a cron job which calls another shell script shell script which in turn calls a Java process. The cron tab looks so. 0,30 7-18 * * 1-5 /u01/home/weblogic/brp/bin/checkstatus.sh >> /u01/home/weblogic/logs/checkstatus.log The checkstatus.sh scripts looks like this. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbrian
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Bash Scripts to Bourne Scripts:URGENT

Hi, I have to write a program to compute the checksums of files ./script.sh I wrote the program using bash and it took me forever since I am a beginner but it works very well. I'm getting so close to the deadline and I realised today that actually I have to use normal Bourne shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgarg1989
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - How to call different scripts from master scripts based on a column in an Oracle table

Dear Members, I have a table REQUESTS in Oracle which has an attribute REQUEST_ACTION. The entries in REQUEST_ACTION are like, ME, MD, ND, NE etc. I would like to create a script which will will call other scripts based on the request action. Can we directly read from the REQUEST_ACTION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling scripts from with scripts

Hi all, I'm wondering if you could give me some advice. I am new to scripting and am getting rather frustrated that i can get my script to call another script if certain criteria is met, via command line, but I cannot get the same script to work thru the cron jobs. My first script monitors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: echoes
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple scripts from another scripts

Dear all, I am working on script which call other shell scripts in a loop but problem is from second script am not able to come out. Here is the snippet:- #!/bin/bash HSFILE=/root/Test/Components.txt LOGFile=/opt/domain/AdminDomain/application/logs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Kdump disk size

We have a Oracle linux 6.4 servers and memory is around 256GB, we are planing to configure kdump and I am confused about disk size I should set. I need your suggestion what would be the best size I should define for kdump. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
3 Replies
GRUB(8) 								FSF								   GRUB(8)

NAME
grub - the grub shell SYNOPSIS
grub [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Enter the GRand Unified Bootloader command shell. --batch turn on batch mode for non-interactive use --boot-drive=DRIVE specify stage2 boot_drive [default=0x0] --config-file=FILE specify stage2 config_file [default=/boot/grub/menu.lst] --device-map=FILE use the device map file FILE --help display this message and exit --hold wait until a debugger will attach --install-partition=PAR specify stage2 install_partition [default=0x20000] --no-config-file do not use the config file --no-curses do not use curses --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --no-pager do not use internal pager --preset-menu use the preset menu --probe-second-floppy probe the second floppy drive --read-only do not write anything to devices --verbose print verbose messages --version print version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
update-grub(8), grub-install(8). The full documentation for grub is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub programs are prop- erly installed at your site, the command info grub should give you access to the complete manual. grub (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB(8)