Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Installing TCP-MUX protocol socket help required. Post 302921676 by Wpgn on Sunday 19th of October 2014 11:27:25 AM
Old 10-19-2014
app am using requires it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Confusion about TCP/IP socket programming

Hello there chaps. First of all, i'm no TCP/IP-wiz, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been messing around with filetransfer using sockets, and there is one thing that confuses me. This is how it's set up: A server app listens on a port for a client connection. When it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crippe
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which application has a TCP socket open

If I do a netstat -a I can see all the sockets currently open, is there a way that I can tell which application is holding open these sockets ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphyboy
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how i pass object or structure using tcp/ip protocol

suppose i want to pass object or structure using TCP/IP protocol (using socket) then what are special steps required for passing the object from client to server and vice versa Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
3 Replies

4. AIX

TCP/IP socket binding problem

I have what appears to be a unique socket problem, although admittedly my tcp/ip programming experience is relatively limited. I have a AIX server process using TCP/IP berkely sockets, and a Windows (C#) process. The windows process takes input from a user and sends a message to the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adiaconou
1 Replies

5. Programming

problem receiving data from TCP socket

Hi all, I'm writing a socket program which sends a structure from one machine to another. When I run my client first time it runs well, however after the first time I couldn't receive all the data inside the structure (it is like, half of the array is received and the other half is not set). I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SaTYR
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to i get to the TCP/IP internet protocol menu in Windows 7?

In Windows Vista all that one needs to do is right click your active network and select properties to get the (TCP/IP) internet protocol menu, but i cannot reach that menu in Windows 7. This is the menu that i am trying to reach in Windows 7 : i can't seem to find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
2 Replies

7. Programming

Using socket to test a TCP port

Hello, I'm trying to write a small c application to test a tcp port. This works fine for the most part but the default timeout on the connect is very long. I have been reading many posts but and it looks like I need to set the socket to be non-blocking and poll for a result. I have been totally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjones1105
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Packets sent from Linux TCP socket

Hello, Our software is using a TCP socket (AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM) to communicate with an Ethernet device. When we send a message, the message object writes itself in full onto the socket's stream buffer before the software invokes send() from socket.h. I'm still researching, but have 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bix_20002000
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read and write to tcp socket

Hello all, I have a requirement to read and write to a tcp socket from an HP-UX shell script. I see a /dev/tcp character device on my servers: crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 72 0x00004f Mar 28 18:37 /dev/tcp So I believe this is what I should use. The problem is that all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
Mac::AETE::App(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Mac::AETE::App(3)

NAME
Mac::AETE::App - reads the Macintosh Apple event dictionary from an application. SYNOPSIS
use Mac::AETE::App; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $app = App->new("My Application"); $formatter = Dictionary->new; $app->set_format($formatter); $app->read; $app->write; DESCRIPTION
The App module simplifies reading the Apple event dictionary from an application. It will launch the application if necessary to obtain the dictionary. Methods new Example: ($name is the name of the application.) use Mac::AETE::App; use Mac::AETE::Format::Dictionary; $app = App->new($aete_handle, $name); read (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Reads the data contained in the AETE resource or handle. Example: $app->read; set_format (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Sets the output formatter used during by the 'write' subroutine. Example: $formatter = Dictionary->new; $app->set_format($formatter); copy (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Copies all suites from one Parser object into another. Example: $aete2 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $app->copy($aete2); copies the suites from $aete2 into $aete. merge (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Merges suites from one Parser object into another. Only the suites that exist in both objects will be replaced. Example: $aete3 = Parser->new($aete_handle2, $another_name); $app->merge($aete3); write (Inherited from Mac::AETE::Parser.) Prints the contents of the AETE or AEUT resource using the current formatter. $app->write; INHERITANCE
Inherits from Mac::AETE::Parser. AUTHOR
David Schooley <dcschooley@mediaone.net> perl v5.10.0 2005-05-16 Mac::AETE::App(3)