Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to list the names of the files from all the subdirectories? Post 302921599 by Aia on Saturday 18th of October 2014 06:15:59 PM
Old 10-18-2014
Code:
 grep "12/15/2001" $(find . -type f)

Consider this:
Code:
grep "12/15/2001" *

or
Code:
 grep -r "12/15/2001" *

This User Gave Thanks to Aia For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list largest files in a directory & its subdirectories

I need to find the largest files in a directory & it's subdirectories. I'm not sure what options on ls -l will work to give me this. or is there another way to do this? Thanks, igidttam (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list the files but exclude the files in subdirectories

If I execute the command "ls -l /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/* | awk -F' ' '{print $9}' | cut -d'/' -f6-8" it will list all the files in /export/home/abcde/dev/proj/code/ directory as well as the files in subdirectories also proj/code/test.sh proj/code/test1.c proj/code/unix... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyjuezy
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

show a list of files whose names begin

How do I show a list of files whose names begin with c and are two characters long. ls {2\} ? thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: JudoMan
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter only gz files from list of subdirectories

Hi, I have a very big directory structure that consists of many sub-directories inside.There are around 50 ".gz" files under this dir structure. I want to copy all the gz files alone to a seperate location. Plz help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy files followed by list of names of all the files in /etc?

....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with moving files with same names from subdirectories?

I was wondering if someone could help me with this: I have multiple directories and subdirectories with files in them. I need to move all files from all directories and subdirectories into one root directory. However, when i do find /home/user -mindepth 1 -iname "*" -type f -exec mv {} . \; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r4v3n
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove files from subdirectories given a list of filenames

Dear all, I have a dir structure like main_dir At_nn Ag_js Nf_hc .... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... mcd32 mgd43... and each subdir (e.g. mcd32, mgd43) contains files. Now, i... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogeshkumkar
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory?

How to list all Subdirectories and files with its full path in a parent directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old then remove

I need to write a script to : list files with *.i extension in a directory and all its subdirectories + 30days old, save it in a file and then remove (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lena keung
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

List all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently.

Hello, I wanted to list all files in subdirectories which are modifiled recently. need to display all files with full details like hpw it display with ls -l ( date, size,..) Thanks Bala (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balareddy
3 Replies
TORRUS_RRDDIR2XML(8)						      torrus						      TORRUS_RRDDIR2XML(8)

NAME
rrddir2xml - Searches a directory for RRD files and generates Torrus XML configuration file. SYNOPSIS
torrus rrddir2xml --dir=DIR [options...] DESCRIPTION
rrddir2xml searches in a given directory for RRD files and creates Torrus XML configuration file suitable for browsing ofthose data files. With default options, it is usable for RRD files generated by Torrus' SNMP collector, where the file name starts with the host name, separated by underscore from interface name or other MIB specifics. With these defaults, it creates a subtree per each host name, and all RRD files belonging top that host name are sorted alphabetically in that subtree. OPTIONS
--dir=DIR Absolute path to the directory for searching. The directory may contain also non-RRD files. Only regular files are processed, and the symlinks are ignored. --recursive If specified, the directory will be searched recursively. All file names across all subdirectories must be unique. Symlinks to other directories are ignored. --filter=Regexp If the filter is specified, then rrddir2xml lists only those files and subdirectories whose names match the given regular expression. --out=FILE Output XML file name. If relative path given, the file is placed in /etc/torrus/xmlconfig. Default: rrddir.xml. --subtree=SUBTREE Top subtree path in the generted XML. Default is the top of the tree ("/"). --split=REGEXP Regular expression used for splitting the file name into parts to build the subtree hierarchy. Default is a sequence of underscores ("_+"). --levels=INTEGER Number of levels of hierarchy to build by splitting the file names. Default is 2 levels. --comment=TEXT Text to put as "comment" parameter to the top subtree. --holtwinters If specified, Holt-Winters prediciton boundaries and failures are displayed in the graphs. --verbose Prints extra diagnosics. --debug Prints debugging information. SEE ALSO
torrus(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_RRDDIR2XML(8)