Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting File Decryption Output Post 302921536 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 18th of October 2014 02:22:08 AM
Old 10-18-2014
Hello Ariean,

One more approach for same.
Code:
awk '!/gpg/ {count++;match($0,/<.*>/);print substr($0,RSTART+1,RLENGTH-2)} END{print count}'  Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
xyz@abc.com
pqr@abc.com
mnp@abc.com

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Encryption and Decryption in UNIX.

Hello guys ! I have used "crypt <first> second" command to encrypt "first" to "second" file. i have assign a key for that of course. Now when i try to look content of "seocnd" file through "cat second" command, the file is encrypted and cannot be read which is according to plan. But when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output file

Hi, I have a file.... File1: Num Name ID Place ADDR City Country 1024|Name1|ID1|Street1|ADDR1|Boston|UK 1025|Name2|ID3|Street2|ADDR2|London|USA The above file is varaiable length file. I have to insert 2 values in every record of the above file. Output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with formatting an output file

Hi guys, I need help with formatting the output of a file. Below is the script I use to generate a file called output.xls. DAY=`TZ=MYT+16 date '+%b'` DAY1=`TZ=MYT+16 date '+%e'` ls -ltr /bscswork_bi2/WORK/UMOBILE/IR/IN/ALL/PROCESSED | grep "$DAY $DAY1" | awk '{print $9}' | sort | cut -c3-7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify a file for encryption or decryption

Dear Members, Can we find if a particular file is encrypted or decrypted. I need a command by which i should be able to identify if a file is encrypted or decrypted. How can we do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output from a file

Hi guys. I'm new to Bash Programming. I've a little problem here. I have a text file, lets say data.txt, with the data: John Tan:Male:20:Singapore Mary:Female:23:Malaysia Abdul Rahman Bin Ali:Male:30:India (: is the delimiter) I want to display it like this: Name Gender Age... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylbh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File output formatting

I have a file that list information about users and want to format the output into columns using Shell scripting. There are about 50 to 75 users. Example current file output fname lname address hiredate dept fname lname address hiredate dept Desired output fname ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file in unix

can some one help me how to decrypt a .txt.cpt file in unix i Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file

Hi i have the path for encrytion file in unix and i want to decrypt the .cpt file in unix and change the password how can i do that . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in formatting the Output file

Hi All, Need your help in resolving the below issue. I've a file called "data.txt" with the below lines: TT: <tell://me/sreenivas> <tell://me/100> TT: <tell://me/sudheer> <tell://me/300> TT: <tell://me/sreenivas> <tell://me/200> TT: <tell://me/sudheer> <tell://me/400> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies
Char(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Char(3pm)

NAME
PDL::Char -- PDL subclass which allows reading and writing of fixed-length character strings as byte PDLs SYNOPSIS
use PDL; use PDL::Char; my $pchar = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $pchar->setstr(1,0,'foo'); print $pchar; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'foo' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] print $pchar->atstr(2,0); # Prints: # ghi DESCRIPTION
This subclass of PDL allows one to manipulate PDLs of 'byte' type as if they were made of fixed length strings, not just numbers. This type of behavior is useful when you want to work with charactar grids. The indexing is done on a string level and not a character level for the 'setstr' and 'atstr' commands. This module is in particular useful for writing NetCDF files that include character data using the PDL::NetCDF module. FUNCTIONS
new Function to create a byte PDL from a string, list of strings, list of list of strings, etc. # create a new PDL::Char from a perl array of strings $strpdl = PDL::Char->new( ['abc', 'def', 'ghij'] ); # Convert a PDL of type 'byte' to a PDL::Char $strpdl1 = PDL::Char->new (sequence (byte, 4, 5)+99); $pdlchar3d = PDL::Char->new([['abc','def','ghi'],['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']]); string Function to print a character PDL (created by 'char') in a pretty format. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['jkl' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] # 'string' is overloaded to the "" operator, so: # print $char; # should have the same effect. setstr Function to set one string value in a character PDL. The input position is the position of the string, not a character in the string. The first dimension is assumed to be the length of the string. The input string will be null-padded if the string is shorter than the first dimension of the PDL. It will be truncated if it is longer. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); $char->setstr(0,1, 'foobar'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'pqr'] # ] $char->setstr(2,1, 'f'); print $char; # 'string' bound to "", perl stringify function # Prints: # [ # ['abc' 'def' 'ghi'] # ['foo' 'mno' 'f'] -> note that this 'f' is stored "f" # ] atstr Function to fetch one string value from a PDL::Char type PDL, given a position within the PDL. The input position of the string, not a character in the string. The length of the input string is the implied first dimension. $char = PDL::Char->new( [['abc', 'def', 'ghi'], ['jkl', 'mno', 'pqr']] ); print $char->atstr(0,1); # Prints: # jkl perl v5.14.2 2011-03-30 Char(3pm)