Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting File Decryption Output Post 302921512 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of October 2014 04:45:01 PM
Old 10-17-2014
To print a count, one must take a count.
Code:
awk -F"[<>]" '/@/ {L++ ; print $2} END{print L+0}'

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Encryption and Decryption in UNIX.

Hello guys ! I have used "crypt <first> second" command to encrypt "first" to "second" file. i have assign a key for that of course. Now when i try to look content of "seocnd" file through "cat second" command, the file is encrypted and cannot be read which is according to plan. But when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output file

Hi, I have a file.... File1: Num Name ID Place ADDR City Country 1024|Name1|ID1|Street1|ADDR1|Boston|UK 1025|Name2|ID3|Street2|ADDR2|London|USA The above file is varaiable length file. I have to insert 2 values in every record of the above file. Output: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with formatting an output file

Hi guys, I need help with formatting the output of a file. Below is the script I use to generate a file called output.xls. DAY=`TZ=MYT+16 date '+%b'` DAY1=`TZ=MYT+16 date '+%e'` ls -ltr /bscswork_bi2/WORK/UMOBILE/IR/IN/ALL/PROCESSED | grep "$DAY $DAY1" | awk '{print $9}' | sort | cut -c3-7... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran21
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Identify a file for encryption or decryption

Dear Members, Can we find if a particular file is encrypted or decrypted. I need a command by which i should be able to identify if a file is encrypted or decrypted. How can we do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting output

my script is as follows cnt=`ps -ef |grep pmon|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` cnt2=`ps -ef |grep tns|grep -v grep|awk 'END {{print NR}}'` if then if then rman target/ catalog recdb/recdb@recdb cmdfile report_need_backup.sql > report_need_backup.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swkambli
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Output from a file

Hi guys. I'm new to Bash Programming. I've a little problem here. I have a text file, lets say data.txt, with the data: John Tan:Male:20:Singapore Mary:Female:23:Malaysia Abdul Rahman Bin Ali:Male:30:India (: is the delimiter) I want to display it like this: Name Gender Age... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andylbh
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

File output formatting

I have a file that list information about users and want to format the output into columns using Shell scripting. There are about 50 to 75 users. Example current file output fname lname address hiredate dept fname lname address hiredate dept Desired output fname ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
4 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file in unix

can some one help me how to decrypt a .txt.cpt file in unix i Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file

Hi i have the path for encrytion file in unix and i want to decrypt the .cpt file in unix and change the password how can i do that . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in formatting the Output file

Hi All, Need your help in resolving the below issue. I've a file called "data.txt" with the below lines: TT: <tell://me/sreenivas> <tell://me/100> TT: <tell://me/sudheer> <tell://me/300> TT: <tell://me/sreenivas> <tell://me/200> TT: <tell://me/sudheer> <tell://me/400> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raosr020
3 Replies
TAPCONVERT(1)															     TAPCONVERT(1)

NAME
tapconvert - convert Twisted configurations from one format to another SYNOPSIS
tapconvert -i input -o output [-f input-type] [-t output-type] [-d] [-e] tapconvert --help DESCRIPTION
The --help prints out a usage message to standard output. --in, -i <input file> The name of the input configuration. --out, -o <output file> The name of the output configuration. --typein, -f <input type> The type of the input file. Can be either 'guess', 'python', 'pickle', 'xml', or 'source'. Default is 'guess'. --typeout, -t <output type> The type of the output file. Can be either 'pickle', 'xml', or 'source'. Default is 'source'. --decrypt, -d Decrypt the specified tap/aos/xml input file. --encrypt, -e Encrypt output file before writing. --version Output version information and exit. AUTHOR
Written by Moshe Zadka, based on tapconvert's help messages REPORTING BUGS
To report a bug, visit http://twistedmatrix.com/bugs/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2000-2008 Twisted Matrix Laboratories. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. July 2001 TAPCONVERT(1)