Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [BASH] Script to manage background scripts (running, finished, exit code) Post 302921367 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of October 2014 03:18:16 PM
Old 10-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
Ok, here's the smallest i could get...
But now script3 gets lost among the way
What does 'lost along the way' mean?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exit status of Invoking two or more scripts in background

I have a sript which is going to trigger other 3 scripts in background simultaneously for eg: Main Script:(main.sh) ----------- sh a.sh & sh b.sh & sh c.sh & How to catch the exit status and store it in a variable for all those three scripts in main script. Is there any other way of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omkumar
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

background job finished notification

In my last job someone gave me the command to put in my .profile that let me know when a job I had running in the background finished. It was a word about 5 char long. I can't remember it! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkeller
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues with exit after running jobs in background

I have the following sample script to run a script the jobs with the same priority(in this case field3) in parallel; wait for the jobs to finish and run the next set of jobs in parallel.When all the lines are read exit the script. I have the following script which is doing evrything I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hyennah
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing the exit status of the script running in background

Hi All, I have a scenario where I am executing some child shell scripts in background (using &)through a master parent script. Is there a way I can capture the exit status of each individual child script after the execution is completed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragkalra
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch exit code of specific background process

Hi all, i hava a specific backgroud process. I have de PID of this process. At some time, the process finish his job, is there any way to catch the exit code? I use "echo $?" normally for commands. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Question: HowTo Exit Script with User Input While Process is Running Mid-Loop?

Hi, I have written a script that allows me to repetitively play a music file $N times, which is specified through user input. However, if I want to exit the script before it has finished looping $N times, if I use CTRL+c, I have to CTRL+c however many times are left in order to complete the loop.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hilltop_yodeler
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts in background

Hi, below is my master script wihch inturn runs 2 scripts in background #master_script.sh ./subscript1.sh & ./subscript2.sh & executed the master_script.sh from unix command prompt $ ./master_script.sh it is executing the subscripts and they are completing fine, however master_script.sh is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems running scripts in the background

Hi Could someone offer some help on this problem I've got with running a background process. As part of a script that does a stop/start/status for a piece of software called SAS, the following extract is from part of the start step. My issue is that when the script is run, the control... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GavP
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal running bash/rsync script does not close with exit (MacOS High SIerra)

Hello, I am running a bash script to do an rsync back on a computer running MacOS High Sierra. This is the script I am using, #!/bin/bash # main backup location, trailing slash included backup_loc="/Volumes/Archive_Volume/00_macos_backup/" # generic backup function function backup {... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies
GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)

NAME
git-lost-found - Recover lost refs that luckily have not yet been pruned SYNOPSIS
git lost-found DESCRIPTION
NOTE: this command is deprecated. Use git-fsck(1) with the option --lost-found instead. Finds dangling commits and tags from the object database, and creates refs to them in the .git/lost-found/ directory. Commits and tags that dereference to commits are stored in .git/lost-found/commit, and other objects are stored in .git/lost-found/other. OUTPUT
Prints to standard output the object names and one-line descriptions of any commits or tags found. EXAMPLE
Suppose you run git tag -f and mistype the tag to overwrite. The ref to your tag is overwritten, but until you run git prune, the tag itself is still there. $ git lost-found [1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6] GIT 0.99.9c ... Also you can use gitk to browse how any tags found relate to each other. $ gitk $(cd .git/lost-found/commit && echo ??*) After making sure you know which the object is the tag you are looking for, you can reconnect it to your regular .git/refs hierarchy. $ git cat-file -t 1ef2b196 tag $ git cat-file tag 1ef2b196 object fa41bbce8e38c67a218415de6cfa510c7e50032a type commit tag v0.99.9c tagger Junio C Hamano <junkio@cox.net> 1131059594 -0800 GIT 0.99.9c This contains the following changes from the "master" branch, since ... $ git update-ref refs/tags/not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196 $ git rev-parse not-lost-anymore 1ef2b196d909eed523d4f3c9bf54b78cdd6843c6 GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-LOST-FOUND(1)