Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Disk creation
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Disk creation Post 302921361 by Rossdba on Thursday 16th of October 2014 02:57:13 PM
Old 10-16-2014
Disk creation

Hi

I have Solaris 10 (x86) m/c and I need additional disk to setup up Oracle Cluster. This is a test m/c.
When I do
Code:
 echo | format
Searching for disks...
Inquiry failed for this logical diskdone

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c0d0 <▒x▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒@▒▒▒ cyl 19448 alt 2 hd 255 sec 63>
          /pci@0,0/pci1166,36@1/pci-ide@e/ide@0/cmdk@0,0
Specify disk (enter its number): Specify disk (enter its number):

Is there any way I can create additional disks or use the current one to make another disk.
I am not to familiar with this process so please excuse

Thanks

Last edited by rbatte1; 10-17-2014 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: Changed HTML to CODE tags

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

( VxVM ) How to add the removed disk back to previous disk group

Previously , i remove the disk by #vxdg -g testdg -k rmdisk testdg02 But i got error when i -k adddisk bash-2.03# vxdisk list DEVICE TYPE DISK GROUP STATUS c0t0d0s2 auto:none - - online invalid c0t1d0s2 auto:none ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waibabe
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

Veritas silent disk group creation

I am trying to write a kornshell script that will automatically create veritas disk groups. However, the only utility that I can find that will create the diskgroup is vxdiskadd, which prompts with interactive questions. I've tried to pass the answers through to vxdiskadd, but I receive the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm6601
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Convert from raw disk to solaris volume manager disk

I have a solaris 10 system configured using NetApp as its storage, and the file systems are already configured as you can see from the example below: root@moneta # df -h Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 9.8G 513M 9.3G 6% / ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

5. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies
NDB_CPCD(1)						       MySQL Database System						       NDB_CPCD(1)

NAME
ndb_cpcd - automate testing of NDB (development use only) SYNOPSIS
ndb_cpcd options DESCRIPTION
A utility having this name was formerly part of an internal automated test framework used in testing and debugging MySQL Cluster. It was deprecated in MySQL Cluster NDB 7.0, and removed from MySQL Cluster distributions provided by Oracle beginning with MySQL Cluster NDB 7.2.1. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 NDB_CPCD(1)